SSL certificate change in EAP controller for Linux

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-10 14:48:57

Hi all,

I'm starting this thread to resurrect the issue of being able to change the SSL certificate the EAP controller uses. Unless I'm missing something, this is still not supported and requires us to jump through hoops to achieve (I tried it once and somehow ended up with a controller that wouldn't load). I find it completely unacceptable that a business-grade product does not offer a way to manage SSL certificates or at least provide some proper way of changing it.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re: SSL certificate change in EAP controller for Linux
2018-10-10 20:47:28

Hi lexam,

most recipes to exchange the SSL cert of an EAP Controller are unnecessarily complex, albeit it's very easy to do so if you follow this recipe to insert a PKCS12 cert (PKCS12 is an industry standard meanwhile supported by Java, too).

As for an even more easy method I once planned to create a command for tpeap which could automate those steps, but since it is a seldom used one-time config action much like adding a SSL cert into the Apache web server config or into the config files of a mail transfer agent, it's probably not worth the expense to automate those simple three steps.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:SSL certificate change in EAP controller for Linux
2018-10-16 15:25:22

Thank you again R1D2 for assisting me once more. I've followed your recipe and it worked fine.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1843

Replies: 2

Related Articles