Intermittent very long ping times to router when connected to EAP-225 outdoor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-23 14:44:37 - last edited 2018-10-23 14:48:01

I have an EAP-225, EAP-225-outdoor and an OC200 cloud controller. Frequently I have problems with the network when connected to the EAP-225-outdoor. If I leave a ping running against the local network router, I often see high latency periods over 1000ms. I also often experience problems on conference calls with stutter and dropouts. 

How can I narrow down the cause of this? i.e. determine if this is a radio issue, an AP issue or a LAN issue ? Is there telnet diagnostics that can help? 

In the ping output below there are only two devices connected to the AP with minimal idle traffic.The rest of the LAN is also at idle.

I'm the network administrator and can perform tests etc if needed. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Intermittent very long ping times to router when connected to EAP-225 outdoor
2018-10-25 03:11:30

Hi,

What's the type of the Ethernet cable? I think it's better for you to use cat 5e or above Ethernet cable. And the Ethernet cable should be less than 60 meter.

Wireless connection is susceptible to environment interference, it may cause the unstable connection problem and SSID disappearance problem. You can scan the wireless environment by tools, such as inSSIDer or wifi analyzer, and do the wireless optimization according to the scanning result.

1.  Set the channel width of each EAP to 20MHz to reduce the wireless interference.

2. Set the channel of these EAP to 1/6/11 channel respectively in 2.4G radio and set different channel (36/40/44/48) in 5G radio. It will reduce the wireless interference between each EAP.

3. What’s the distance between each EAP? If the distance is less than 15m, you should lower down the TX power of EAP.

Options
Re:Re:Intermittent very long ping times to router when connected to EAP-225 outdoor
2018-10-25 10:31:07

I guess what I'm asking is if there is a way to confirm exaclty what the cause is, like a diagnostic I can do.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1882

Replies: 2