info omada series

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

info omada series

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
info omada series
info omada series
2018-10-28 08:51:19

good evening everyone

I apologize for my English but I translate from Italian

I wanted to ask you,

using the eap products like eap225 rather than 115 without using the controller

or better by installing the products with the controller installed on the PC and then disconnected the system would work anyway?

I'm especially interested in the roaming part

so you can have the same ssid on different ap

is it also possible to remotely access the ap without a local controller?

thank you all

Options
1 Reply
Re:info omada series
2018-10-29 19:04:51

using the eap products like eap225 rather than 115 without using the controller
or better by installing the products with the controller installed on the PC and then disconnected the system would work anyway? 

Try to read this https://www.tp-link.com/it/faq-2051.html

I'm especially interested in the roaming part

so you can have the same ssid on different ap 

Yes, configure the same SSID, same password and encryption settings for all access point, but different channel
but if you use the controller, everything is already done there

is it also possible to remotely access the ap without a local controller?

not using the tp-link cloud, you have to try to redirect the ports on the router, but you must have a static Internet IP, or use a dynamic dns
but on the access points that I have (EAP110 outdoor) entering directly reset the settings made with the controller

--------------------

In Italiano
- Leggi qui
https://www.tp-link.com/it/faq-2051.html, c'è scritto cosa succede se il controller è offline in vari scenari di utilizzo.
- Per il roaming configura lo stesso SSID, password e sicurezza su tutti gli access point, usa canali diversi, ma se usi il controller viene fatto in automatico.
- Tramite il cloud Tp-lin
k no, Per entrare da remoto su ogni singolo access point prova a configurare il tuo router per aprire le porte, ma per ogni access point devi usare una porta diversa, è su internet devi avere un IP fisso o un servizio di DNS dinamico, inoltre negli access point che ho io se entro direttamente nell'amministrazione le impostazioni del controller vengono cancellate, penso che sia così su tutti.

Spero di esserti stato d'aiuto, se ho fraiteso qualcosa scrivimi la domanda in Italiano
Ciao

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 553

Replies: 1