EAP Omada - possible to block certain websites?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-29 17:35:09

Hi!

I'm using EAP245s, and the omada controller (software only). I have 3 SSIDs.

Is it possible, for one of the SSIDs, to block access to certain websites (youtube.com and facebook.com for example)?

Best regards,

Markus

Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP Omada - possible to block certain websites?
2018-10-30 06:25:18

markie83 wrote

Hi!

I'm using EAP245s, and the omada controller (software only). I have 3 SSIDs.

Is it possible, for one of the SSIDs, to block access to certain websites (youtube.com and facebook.com for example)?

Best regards,

Markus

Hi  Markie:

Normally, You need configure Access Control in the router, EAP245 is only the AP.

In my opinion, this EAP245 do not support this function.

Options
Re:EAP Omada - possible to block certain websites?
2018-11-02 06:32:17 - last edited 2018-11-02 06:38:15

Hi Markie,

Yes, but due to controller now does not support URL Access control (we will add this feature in future version), it maybe a little bit cumbersome to implement.

The following are the implement steps:

Step 1. Create ACL rule in [Wireless control - Access control], if you want to block facebook.com and youtube.com, please fill in as follows and then click apply:

If you want block more website, you can use "ping" command to get the IP address or just Google the IP address of the website, then fill it in the subnets. 

Step 2. In step1 we create a block rule named "Block website", now go to [Wireless settings - Basic wireless settings], click [Edit] buttom of the SSID you want to apply this block rule, then in "Access Control Rule" of "Edit SSID" page, choose the "Block website" rule then click apply, then this block rule will apply to this SSID. like below:

Done.

Options
Re:Re:EAP Omada - possible to block certain websites?
2019-01-23 13:28:25

Thanks.

Lucien wrote

Hi Markie,

Yes, but due to controller now does not support URL Access control (we will add this feature in future version), it maybe a little bit cumbersome to implement.

The following are the implement steps:

Step 1. Create ACL rule in [Wireless control - Access control], if you want to block facebook.com and youtube.com, please fill in as follows and then click apply:

If you want block more website, you can use "ping" command to get the IP address or just Google the IP address of the website, then fill it in the subnets. 

Step 2. In step1 we create a block rule named "Block website", now go to [Wireless settings - Basic wireless settings], click [Edit] buttom of the SSID you want to apply this block rule, then in "Access Control Rule" of "Edit SSID" page, choose the "Block website" rule then click apply, then this block rule will apply to this SSID. like below:

Done.

Options
Re:Re:EAP Omada - possible to block certain websites?
2019-02-11 17:47:33

What is the subnet for youtube.com, can you show in details

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 9064

Replies: 4