Facebook Auth

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Facebook Auth

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Facebook Auth
Facebook Auth
2018-11-12 20:31:58

Hi

I am seeing an issue. I am using the wired hardware controller and the latest firmware on this for Windows and the AP's.

Only around 50% of the time does the Facebook page come up, most times it does not. This is on iPhones only. Is this the "auto login"? 

I have to tell users to go to nonhttpssite.com or somthing to force the page to come up. Not very seemless. 

Any soultions in place? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Facebook Auth
2018-11-15 09:45:36

Hi,

We develop the Facebook Portal authentication function according to the guidance of Facebook (see the attached picture). Since there has compatibility issue between Apple and Facebook. (Apple product may ask customer to do twice authentication even though customer has passed the authentication in the portal page which pop up by Apple device automatically). According to the Facebook guidance, we disable the captive portal detection of Facebook portal function in Apple products.

Options
Re:Re:Facebook Auth
2018-12-02 17:52:37
I'm having the same issue. What i have found is that the iPhone does not redirect if you use a search page. so you have to go to a specific web page (not google) to force the Facebook Authentication to show. As you say this is not very seamless. I'm also having issues when using VLANS over the network as that also fails when using the Facebook Auth. i.e. where the Guest WIFI SSID runs over a different VLAN to the IP of the Access Point. Disabling Facebook Authentication solves the issue thus the problem is the Facebook Authentication.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Facebook Auth
2018-12-11 09:51:57 - last edited 2018-12-11 12:43:23

This is because IOS and facebook are not done well.

ios 10 starts to block this kind of  "auto pop up portal", while android is always allowing.

you can see that among all omada portal types, only facebook portal cannot pop up automatically on only ios.

GFRTech wrote

I'm having the same issue. What i have found is that the iPhone does not redirect if you use a search page. so you have to go to a specific web page (not google) to force the Facebook Authentication to show. As you say this is not very seamless. I'm also having issues when using VLANS over the network as that also fails when using the Facebook Auth. i.e.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1078

Replies: 3

Related Articles