Omada Hostnames

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada Hostnames

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Omada Hostnames
Omada Hostnames
2018-11-21 09:12:52 - last edited 2018-12-18 07:55:08

New to Omada, and so far similar to what I observe. Interface is also simple, and feel like I missing choice or those features just aren't accessible ( Omada software is pretty cheap and all ). I am not calling missing specific features, just that I am used to playing with Cisco, and Omada just makes me believe like something is missing, but can't place my finger on it. In the end, I am not complaining. So far I actually only have one complaint, and that is making it tough for me to recognize devices on the network.
I think the Device names in Omada are pulled from DNS, but a lot of devices in Omada only show MAC addresses as the hostname. The scenery of those devices don't make it simple to manually update DNS names directly on them and just show their MAC and as such. I have by now manually updated them in DNS manually. My server/rest of my network service are able to attach to them by their hostname just fine (I manually put in the DNS server), but Omada still sees them by the MAC. At last, I am not whining. So far I in reality just have one dissension, and that is making it extreme for me to perceive gadgets on the system.

How does Omada catch the hostname information?
Can I fix this?
Other devices/Apps I have used, if it had problem pulling from DNS, I could manually tell that app what I required that MAC DNS name to be. I don't intellect updating each device physically in Omada as I should only have to do this once.
So far so good. Other than the on top of, DNS issue, I have no real complaints so far.
I am looking for any help/suggestions.

Thanks you.

Options
2 Reply
Re: Omada Hostnames
2018-11-22 01:41:18

Hi sheridavis,

Thanks for your feedback.

About the hostname issue, may i ask which version of Omada Controller you use? because Omada Controller clients list already shows the clients hostname, not Mac Address.

If you mean the EAP's hostname, you can change the EAP's hostname in EAP's configuration page like below:

Just change the Name of EAP is ok.

Options
Re:Re: Omada Hostnames
2018-11-28 19:18:27

He means hostname on wifi client, yes i miss this opportunity too.
Now it just comes up unknown or a cryptic name in the hostname field.
I Want to edit hostname just as you edit access point name.
I have OC200 with 3.0.4 sotware

Options