Samsung Smartphones dropping VoIP app despite 'Fast Roaming' access points

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-04 15:56:14 - last edited 2019-01-06 16:24:12

We upgraded a client's 20 + access points to the new EAP225 v3 so they could take advantage of the new standard 'Fast Roaming'.

They've all been upgraded to the latest firmware.

We have an Omada Controller (OC200) running the latest v3.0.5 controller software and the Fast Roaming choice is ON.

Unfortunately, the fast roaming feature is not working for them as it should.

Yes, they can take a mobile call and move around the site without it dropping but they can't take subsequent calls.

It seems the Samsung app 'WE VoIP' drops once a call is finished and the only way to take further calls, is to close the app and restart it

Has anyone had success with 'Fast Roaming' ?
Any ideas where the problem lies - is it TP-Link or Samsung ?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Samsung Smartphones dropping VoIP app despite 'Fast Roaming' access points
2019-01-07 06:33:31

Hi,

Fast Roaming is based on 802.11k/v,which needs both EAP and client devices support 802.11k/v. If your client devices don't support 802.11k/v, then even you enable fast roaming on Omada Controller,  you still can't enjoy fast roaming. By the way, the wireless coverage between APs should be 20% - 30%, and you should select different channels between adjacent APs to reduce interference.

Hope this can help you!

Options
Re:Re:Samsung Smartphones dropping VoIP app despite 'Fast Roaming' access points
2019-01-18 23:14:05
Thanks for your ideas 'cbq' - I think I've already covered most points but selecting different channels for access points rather than rely on AUTO is worth a try so I'll give it a go and report back.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1221

Replies: 2