Linux EAP Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Linux EAP Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Linux EAP Controller
Linux EAP Controller
2019-01-09 02:00:04

I feel like I am missing some big steps in using the EAP controller on Linux.  I installed the 3.0.5 .deb package.  If I run sudo tpeap start, I see "Omada Controller is already running."  But I don't know what to do next.  I need to connect to my controller's web interface and then load the backup I took.  (I had the windows version running in a VM, but I wanted to run it directly on my linux machine.)

Is there some documentation I am missing that someone can point me towards?

I was going to look at the logs but I don't have access to them.  Any help would be appreciated.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Linux EAP Controller
2019-01-09 02:27:57

OK, so I discovered that I can access the controller on port 8088.  It is propting me to create an account and everything.  Should there be some shortcut to restore from a backup.  Everything I am reading suggests that the 3.0.5 version should have everything I need in the backup.  (I upgraded my windows controller to 3.0.5, then did a backup.  I have that eapc_backup*.cfg file handy. 

Do I need to stop the controller and restore from some command line option first?

Options
Re:Re:Linux EAP Controller
2019-01-09 09:30:39

cwisch wrote

OK, so I discovered that I can access the controller on port 8088.  It is propting me to create an account and everything.  Should there be some shortcut to restore from a backup.  Everything I am reading suggests that the 3.0.5 version should have everything I need in the backup.  (I upgraded my windows controller to 3.0.5, then did a backup.  I have that eapc_backup*.cfg file handy. 

Do I need to stop the controller and restore from some command line option first?

No, you just need to go to Controller Settings->Restore File in the web management page of Linux Controller, and choose the eapc_backup.cfg file, then the Linux Controlelr will restore the backup file directly.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Linux EAP Controller
2019-01-10 02:50:47

So I have to go through all the setup process like creating the admin password and everything?  Or is there a way to skip that, restore my backup that should bring all that basic setup with it?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Linux EAP Controller
2019-01-10 07:31:41

cwisch wrote

So I have to go through all the setup process like creating the admin password and everything?  Or is there a way to skip that, restore my backup that should bring all that basic setup with it?

Yes, for now, you should finish the "quik setup" first, then you can restore the backup file from Omada Controller windows. It will restore all your configuration and data information of Omada Controller windows.

You can refer to: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/150465?page=1

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Linux EAP Controller
2019-01-10 17:17:15

Right, I had read through that document and focusing on the Section II, part 2, it just didn't give enought detail for me.  I assumed it would migrate over everything done in the setup.  Anyway, I will try that sometime again in the next few days.  Thanks for responding.  I will report back in case anyone else is trying to do the same and asking for details.

Options
Re:Linux EAP Controller
2019-02-15 17:44:53

I finally finished this work.  And that was exactly what I needed.  I basically re-created by controller, then restored the backup, then refreshed it and my APs where connected.  I am still a little confused as I have one login for my controller, one for the omada.tplinkcloud.com remote access system and then this forum login all pointing back to some part of this.  But the good news is that now I have figured out the Android app too, so that can go through the cloud piece and get to my controller if I need to change anything.

Progress.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1579

Replies: 6

Related Articles