Chance from IP Dynamic to static and now cannot access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-12 11:24:08 - last edited 2019-01-23 09:52:42

To start I am not a genius when it comes to this stuff, so please bare with me ;).

I hope someone here can help me out. I accidently changed the IP dynamic setting to static and now I am not able to approach the access point anymore. I tried the following:  

- TPlinkap.net (no connect with access point, other access points work)

- connection via ethernet cable connecting directly to access point (tplinkap.net will not open)

- Via IP address, which I believe was shown at the moment I changed from dynamic to static. (ip adress not recognized)

- Hard reset of EAP225 (I see the access point has gone back to factory settings, eg name of SSID changed. I can connect to the access point, but connot login via TPlinkap.net)

All my access points other and router have the same SSID/password.

Model EAP225(EU) ver. 2.0

Can someone help me out please?

Thanks

Regards

Ingo

Options
1 Reply
Re:Chance from IP Dynamic to static and now cannot access
2019-01-24 02:39:19

- TPlinkap.net (no connect with access point, other access points work.

The domain name of EAP is tplinkeap.net, not tplinkap.net :)

- connection via ethernet cable connecting directly to access point (tplinkap.net will not open)

Omada EAP does not domain name login via wired connection. If you connect with the EAP by wired connection, you need to log in to the web management page of EAP via IP address directly.

For you situation, I suggest you reset the Omada EAP, then connect it to the Router. Use a wireless device connect the the default SSID of EAP, then type tplinkeap.net to login to the web management of EAP. And you can manage this EAP now.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 717

Replies: 1

Related Articles