Issue with IP Address assignment when connection to guest network on EAP225 V3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-13 16:29:06 - last edited 2019-01-23 09:52:03

I have an issue Issue with IP Address assignment when connection to guest network on EAP225 HW version V3 with latest firmware.

My EAP 225 is connected via the modem of my ISP (KPN NL) and I have two SSIDs on the 2.4 GHz band. One normal which works as a charm.

The second SSID I configured as guest network but is not working. Also upgrading the firmware to the latest version didn't help. Do I miss a setting or 

I followed this FAQ but I am missing the option: 'Wireless Control->Access Control'. Is this normal for this model?

Anyone exerience with this issue? Or should I search for an issue in the network?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issue with IP Address assignment when connection to guest network on EAP225 V3
2019-01-24 02:26:08

Wallem89 wrote

I have an issue Issue with IP Address assignment when connection to guest network on EAP225 HW version V3 with latest firmware.

I followed this FAQ but I am missing the option: 'Wireless Control->Access Control'. Is this normal for this model?

Anyone exerience with this issue? Or should I search for an issue in the network?

Hi,

The Guest Network is the new function of EAP225v3, the clients who connect with the Guest SSID will not be able to access the local network. It will work directly, you should not the set the Access Control function.

I find you have set the VLAN ID of the Guest SSID to VLAN2. Do you have VLAN configuration in your network? If not, you need to set the VLAN ID to 0, or the client may not be able to get IP address from DHCP Server.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1700

Replies: 1