Help!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Help!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Help!
Help!
2019-01-15 17:15:37 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:13:15

The new Netflix rules stopping the use of VPN's is causing me a real issue.  I have a TL-R600VPN, and I would like all traffic other than Netflix to go through the VPN.  While I am not a networking professional, I do understand that I should be able to set up the VPN connection, then set up routing rules to direct traffic for Netflix through the WAN port directly, and all other traffic to the VPN connection.  I can't seem to figure out the rules I need to do that,  I have successfully established the VPN connection, and it shows that I am connected to VPN, under L2TP VPN connectipn (using ExpressVPN).  I only have one WAN connection (WAN 1), but would think the rules would be the same if I had two WAN connections, with one dedicated to the VPN and the other dedicated to the "open" traffic.

Thoughts? Any ideas?

Appreciate any and all help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Help!
2019-01-17 06:27:48 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:13:15

Simpleusername wrote

The new Netflix rules stopping the use of VPN's is causing me a real issue.  I have a TL-R600VPN, and I would like all traffic other than Netflix to go through the VPN.  While I am not a networking professional, I do understand that I should be able to set up the VPN connection, then set up routing rules to direct traffic for Netflix through the WAN port directly, and all other traffic to the VPN connection.  I can't seem to figure out the rules I need to do that,  I have successfully established the VPN connection, and it shows that I am connected to VPN, under L2TP VPN connectipn (using ExpressVPN).  I only have one WAN connection (WAN 1), but would think the rules would be the same if I had two WAN connections, with one dedicated to the VPN and the other dedicated to the "open" traffic.

Thoughts? Any ideas?

Appreciate any and all help!

Hi Simpleusername:

Do you use R600VPN V4? I remember the old R600VPN only supports one WAN port.

Do you have two Internet Lines from ISP?

If your R600VPN have two WAN ports and you have got two Internet Lines from your ISP, maybe you can try to configure policy routing.

You can find some information from TP-LINK FAQ, as

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2134.html

PS: I still having some doubt about your description. You said you are using ExpressVPN, so you need not configure VPN funciton in router. You install

ExpressVPN in your phone or MAC,maybe.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 935

Replies: 1

Related Articles