[SOLVED] EAP225 AC1350 AP - 5GHz SSIDs Rate Limit Problem & Client List Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-21 05:20:00 - last edited 2019-01-22 05:54:44

I found that enabling rate limit in Wireless > Wireless Settings > 2GHz SSIDs works as in it saves (stays enabled), however setting it in 5GHz does not save. Just like the 2GHz SSIDs, I put a check in the enable box and add my up and down rate limits then click "Ok". If I go right back to the same 5GHz SSID I just enabled rate limiting for, the rate limit "Enable" check box is no longer checked! Does this on all 3 of my 5GHz SSIDs.

In Status > Client list, all clients show up in the "User" tab. What conditions need to be met to have clients show up in the "Guest" tab? I have Guest Network enabled on a few SSIDs.

Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP225 AC1350 AP - 5GHz SSIDs Rate Limit Problem & Client List Issue
2019-01-21 08:48:17

Hi,

I think you problem is strange because I never meet such problem. What's the version of the Omada Controller? If you refresh the browser page, does the problem still exist?

Fou the second issue, actually guests are the clients connected to the EAP wireless network with the Portal Authentication.

Options
Re:Re:EAP225 AC1350 AP - 5GHz SSIDs Rate Limit Problem & Client List Issue
2019-01-21 23:16:03 - last edited 2019-01-21 23:49:03

cbq wrote

Hi,

I think you problem is strange because I never meet such problem. What's the version of the Omada Controller? If you refresh the browser page, does the problem still exist?

Fou the second issue, actually guests are the clients connected to the EAP wireless network with the Portal Authentication.

Refreshing the browser, clearing cache, doesn't fix the issue. Im not using the Omada Controller either but instead use the web based management with IP Login. Trying in Firefox and Edge with same results.

Thanks for the tip concerning Portal Authentication.

EDIT: Just tried again with same result. Also just found one of the 2.4GHz will not stay enabled.

I've been making these changes on a wired connection from a different subnet which still refuses to connect using HTTPS. I'll see what happens when connected directly to the AP with my wireless laptop.

EDIT2: Just tried with the laptop connected wirelessly to the AP with same issue. Looks Like a bug.

Options
Re:Re:Re:EAP225 AC1350 AP - 5GHz SSIDs Rate Limit Problem & Client List Issue
2019-01-22 02:05:02

Hi,

I have a EAP225 v3 and I just have a try to manage it via the web page. But I don't reproduce the problem. When I check the box of Rate Limit on 5G frequency, everything goes well. The version of my firmware is Build 20181121. I think you can reset your EAP to have a try.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:EAP225 AC1350 AP - 5GHz SSIDs Rate Limit Problem & Client List Issue
2019-01-22 05:54:20

I just finished up resetting back to factory defaults and reconfiguring the AP. I can now enable rate limiting on any SSID and the settings seem to save so far.

I had this AP mostly configured except for rate limiting on the firmware it was shipped with originally. I noticed the settings carried over after I updated to the latest firmware. Perhaps this had something to do with the issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1641

Replies: 4

Related Articles