Omada - Guest portal - write to username and password database

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-21 21:37:32

Hi,

I want to create a guest portal using username and password. On the portal i will give customers an option to register (link to another webpage). Is there a method for me to write the username and password into Omada database (not manually)? So once the customers registered, the link will take back to guest portal login page and they should be able to log in straightaway.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada - Guest portal - write to username and password database
2019-01-23 01:22:07

As far as I know, TP-Link EAP products don't have such function. Why do you want such function? You can let the customers use voucher, simple password and I think it is convenient for us to use them.

Options
2019-01-23 08:25:14

Kazuki wrote

Hi,

I want to create a guest portal using username and password. On the portal i will give customers an option to register (link to another webpage). Is there a method for me to write the username and password into Omada database (not manually)? So once the customers registered, the link will take back to guest portal login page and they should be able to log in straightaway.

Hi,

I think the External Radius Server + External Web Portal or External Portal Server may meet your demand.

You can refer to FAQ916 or FAQ2274. (You need to establish the External Web Portal or External Portal Server by yourself)

With the External Radius Server + External Web Portal or External Portal Server, you can give a webpage to customer to collect the register information and finish the authentication by authentication server. Then the Radius server or Portal server will return the authentication result to Omada Controller. So customer just need to do the register and will be able to pass the authentication directly.

Options
2021-12-05 16:55:03

@jonas 

With our solution (Beambox), we have an external portal server that then triggers an Omada API call to authorize the client device. If you go down this route, you would need to have your own external portal set up and configured with a database. It's a lot of work if you are doing this yourself for just one network.

Alternatively, RADIUS is a well-documented database system for networks. It is however highly technical to implement.

If you go the DIY API route, there isn't much documentation yet. However, we've already figured it all out so just let me know if you need any advice.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2549

Replies: 3