TL-R600VPN - computers losing Internet connectivity intermittently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-22 15:04:35

Yesterday something strange started happening with my several connected computers on a TL-R600VPN  V2 router. Randomly, some computers would lose internet connectivity ("No Internet Access" message from the adapter). I still have lan access when this happens. The only fix is to unplug/replug the router and Internet access comes back. Is my router dying? What would cause this? I've had the router for 5+ years and never had a problem. Doesn't happen to every computer but when it occurs, it screws up my network.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-R600VPN - computers losing Internet connectivity intermittently
2019-01-24 12:46:26

OK-Factor wrote

Yesterday something strange started happening with my several connected computers on a TL-R600VPN  V2 router. Randomly, some computers would lose internet connectivity ("No Internet Access" message from the adapter). I still have lan access https://www.achieveessays.com/essays-for-sale.html when this happens. The only fix is to unplug/replug the router and Internet access comes back. Is my router dying? What would cause this? I've had the router for 5+ years and never had a problem. Doesn't happen to every computer but when it occurs, it screws up my network.

I have a very simillar issue happening to my router and don't know the solution. So I'll waiting for the answer too!

Regards,

Gladys Jenkis

Options
Re:Re:TL-R600VPN - computers losing Internet connectivity intermittently
2019-02-17 15:16:49

I have the same router only V4, I dont have this trouble at all - however I did have this trouble with my old Airport Extreme. Now whilst you might think these are not related they might be - so keep reading.

You see, after I installed the TL-R600VPN I noticed loads of Ping Of Death entries in the SPI firewalll.  Whist I don't know if these are the reason for my disconnections since installing the TL-R600VPN my wan and lan are now rock solid again.

These ping of death attacks could be false positives - I dont know and I have asked the forum - if not then the Airport Extreme (10 years old) could not handle them, thus brings me on to you.

Whilst researching this, it seems that all TL-R600VPN below version 4.0 seem to be vulnerable to a certain attack (forget which one) - but that might be your problem.  I also have read there us no updated firmware for them.  Indeed the last update for my router is 9 months ago, so I dont hold much hope for an update - but for now its working great and was very cheap.

You might want to consider upgrading if you can.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1342

Replies: 2

Related Articles