EAP245 stops responding daily

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-25 13:11:51

Hey guys,

I have an EAP245 wireless access point that I need to reboot once or twice per day. It works great and super fast for most of the day and then all of a sudden will get real slow. Images not loading, Slow page loading. I pull the cable from the POE injector, plug it back in and a few seconds later everything is great again. This is happening at least once per day sometime twice. Random times but often first thing in the morning. It works great otherwise all over my house. I would hate to replace it but something has to be done.

Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP245 stops responding daily
2019-01-25 19:28:13

do you have latest firmware? my 225v3 is rock solid

i would recommand you to use the Omada controller to manage your AP so if there is any issue you can check the log

also not sure if you are from EU or US, I believe 245v3 is only available in EU, so if you are not using 245v3 you'd better return it and get 225v3 (performance difference is negligible) if you are still within your return period

I believe for business hardware tp-link also provides life time warranty, you can contact them to get another 245 if you believe it's broken

Options
Re:Re:EAP245 stops responding daily
2019-01-31 20:13:49

Hey there. Sorry for the slow response, I have had the flu all week. I updated the firmware recently hoping it would fix the issue. It is an EAP245 v1. It is so frustrating that I have to manually restart it so often. It just comes to a crawl. I bought it a couple of months ago and I think I may be out of the return policy already. I am going to check with support. Thanks for your help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1541

Replies: 2