EAP225 Outdoor antenna

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP225 Outdoor antenna

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP225 Outdoor antenna
EAP225 Outdoor antenna
2019-02-06 20:19:19

I'm trying to see how much range I can get out of my new EAP225-Outdoor.  I have line of sight from my porch to my garage - with nothing in between.  I set up the EAP225 and then go down to the garage.  The signal reads around -75dBm.  I have a couple of point to point units picked out if this doesn't work.  I figured if I set up point to point I'd need an AP anyway, so why not start with the AP and see how the range is.  Maybe I wouldn't need to get the p2p units.

My qustion is this.  When I set up the EAP225 on my porch, I have the antennae pointed straight up in the air.  Is there any benefit to pointing the antennae directly at the location where I'd like to best receive the signal (or in any other way?)  Any other configuration parameters that might help me get that range?  Where I was hoping to get stronger than -75dBm is about 250 feet away.

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP225 Outdoor antenna
2019-02-11 02:11:41

xrbbaker wrote

My qustion is this.  When I set up the EAP225 on my porch, I have the antennae pointed straight up in the air.  Is there any benefit to pointing the antennae directly at the location where I'd like to best receive the signal (or in any other way?)  Any other configuration parameters that might help me get that range?  Where I was hoping to get stronger than -75dBm is about 250 feet away.

Hi,

The recommended coverage radius of EAP225-Outdoor is about 180 meter.But it is affected by the wireless performance of wireless clients. (The wireless transmission distance of most wirelss clients is less than 100 meter)

Yes. The best signal area of EAP225-Outdoor is the direction which the antennas point to. You can change the antenna direction to your coverage place for checking. And you can improve the Tx power of EAP225-Outdoor, it will increase the signal strength.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5086

Replies: 1

Related Articles