DHCP Problem in one of the three SSIDs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-09 08:42:37

Hi fellow users and experts,

I am facing a problem and I need your help.

I am using an "EAP225-Outdoor" connected with a Mikrotik router as follows:

SSIDHome2.4  > VLAN11 > Mikrotik Ethrenet Port5

SSIDGuest2.4 > VLAN3  > Mikrotik Ethrenet Port5

SSIDHome5.8  > VLAN11 > Mikrotik Ethrenet Port5

This way all the three SSIDs are functioning as expected, but after 8 or 10 hours the SSIDHome2.4 fails to deliver dhcp address to the clients connected to this SSID or even sometime disappears completely. Whereas the other two SSIDs (SSIDGuest2.4 and SSIDHome5.8) functions without any such issues. Then after restarting the EAP225-Outdoor, it functions properly again. Then again the same problem occurs to the same 2.4GHz SSID (SSIDHome2.4) and requires to be restarted.

Can anyone please tell me is it something uncommon that I am facing or there is any known reason for this ?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:DHCP Problem in one of the three SSIDs
2019-02-11 03:02:40

I think there may be something wrong when the configuration is sent to the EAP, you can delete the old SSID and reconfig a new SSID to have a try.

Options
Re:DHCP Problem in one of the three SSIDs
2019-02-17 20:56:42

I am starting to see a pattern of Mikrotiks having issues with tagged traffic to EAP.. how is your trunk port configured in the Routerboard?  Mine goes to a TL-SG1016PE and then tagged to the EAPs.  Seeing DHCP and traffic issues as well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 901

Replies: 2

Related Articles