TP-LINK Omanda Controller initialization failed at startup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-14 18:00:30

Hi,

We run a holiday cottage accomodation and we have guests struggling to connect to our internet through the portal. I've experienced that the portal is a big issue for all of our guests and therefore I will be turning it off.

However though, I could not access my TP-LINK Omanda controller software to configure the portal setting and it says that intialization failed and is asking me to unblock the following ports, which they are: 27017, 8088, 8043, 29810, 29812, 29811 and 27001. I am not too familar with ports and if anybody can help me here would be great.

I've had issues with the Omanda controller before and it is starting to get on my nerves, so I will be thinking about going with Ubiquiti at some stage if this problem has not solved soon enough.

All of your help would be very much appreactiated!

Many thanks,

Ben

Regards, Ben
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-LINK Omanda Controller initialization failed at startup
2019-02-15 01:43:46 - last edited 2019-02-15 01:44:24

However though, I could not access my TP-LINK Omanda controller software to configure the portal setting and it says that intialization failed and is asking me to unblock the following ports, which they are: 27017, 8088, 8043, 29810, 29812, 29811 and 27001. I am not too familar with ports and if anybody can help me here would be great.

Hi,

Would you mind taking a screenshot of this "initializaiotn failed" error.

The port 27017 is for MongoDB server, port 29810-29813 is for the communication between EAP and Omada Controlelr. We use port 8088/8043 to log in to the web management page of Omada Conttroller. And Controlelr will use port 27001/27002 to find if there are any other Controller running in the same subnet.

The reason why Controller has "initialization failed" error may beceuse there are some other application processes occupy these port of Controller. You can click the "detail" in at the start page of Controller when the problem is happening, check which port has been occupied. Then release the port occupation in your PC. You can refer to FAQ 1483: https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1483.html

If it not the port occupation problem, you can totally uninstall the Omada Controller (do NOT save the configuration data), then re-install it again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5459

Replies: 1

Related Articles