EAP220 - SSID disappear

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP220 - SSID disappear

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP220 - SSID disappear
EAP220 - SSID disappear
2019-02-14 18:55:11

Hello friends,

I wonder if anyone had this same problem with the EAP220 access point.

I made the configuration of it by standalone mode (web page).

But I started to have problems with the equipments that uses the 2.4Ghz network. In the 5Ghz network the equipments works without problems.

From time to time the 2.4Ghz network disappears, no equipment sees it. It only comes back after I restart the AP or change the channel.

I saw in the latest firmware version that they had fixed a problem related to that, but in my case the problem persists.

Published Date: 2017-11-09     Language: English     File Size: 7.17 MB

Modifications and Bug Fixes:

Standalone Mode:
5.Fixed the bug that the 2.4G radio stops working in congested RF environment.

Controller Managed Mode:
9.Fixed the bug that the 2.4G radio stops working in congested RF environment.

My AP
Device Model: EAP220
Firmware Version: 2.1.0 Build 20171109 Rel. 72977 (4555)

Does anyone have a solution?

Regards!

Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP220 - SSID disappear
2019-02-15 03:01:47

Hi,

For your issue, there are some suggestions you can refer to.

1. Delete the SSID of 2.4G and reconfig it again, then check if the problem still exists.

2. Make sure that don't select channel 12 and channel 13, becasue some client devices don't support these two channels.

3. You said when you changed the channel, the SSID will reappear again, so I think it may be related with the wireless environment. You can use wifi analyzer and scan the wireless environment, and then choose the channel that is less used.

4. When did the problem occur? Did it occur since you upgrade the latest firmware or it just occurred recently? If it occurs since you upgraded the firmware, I think you can upgrade the firmware again.

Options
Re:Re:EAP220 - SSID disappear
2019-02-15 12:11:04

Hi cbq!

1. Already did a reset and reconfigured it, but no luck.

2. First I was using Auto, now I fixed on channel 1 and sometimes on 6.

3. Do you recommend any wifi analyzer?

4. From the beginning, but only now that we are using more the AP. The problem occurred before and after the upgrade.

Thanks!

Options
Re:Re:Re:EAP220 - SSID disappear
2019-02-18 07:15:24

Hi Luciano,

1. There is an APP names WiFiAnalyzer, you can install it on your phone and scan the wireless environment. 

2. You can configure the channel width as 20MHz to diminish the interfere.

3. You say you havd a reset, do you mean that you have a factory reset for this EAP220?

4. If it is convenient for you, please upgrade the firmware again to have a try. I think there may be somthing wrong when you upgrade the firmware.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:EAP220 - SSID disappear
2019-02-19 15:19:18

forrest wrote

Hi Luciano,

1. There is an APP names WiFiAnalyzer, you can install it on your phone and scan the wireless environment. 

2. You can configure the channel width as 20MHz to diminish the interfere.

3. You say you havd a reset, do you mean that you have a factory reset for this EAP220?

4. If it is convenient for you, please upgrade the firmware again to have a try. I think there may be somthing wrong when you upgrade the firmware.

Hi forrest,

1 . I will try it, tks!

2 . Already did that.

3. Yes, it was a factory reset.

4 . I will reinstall the firmware later and try again.

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1921

Replies: 4

Related Articles