Network past thru EAP 245 V3, issues with ccam frame rate

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-18 18:17:15
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.1.0 Build 20181107 Rel. 39421

Hello.

What is the built in switch capacity of EAP245 V3 ? (I mean the usage of the second Lan port forwarding the first lan PoE port)

I got issues with surveillance cam (slow frame rate) once I had connected 2 EAP245 into the network.

Here is my topology :

Main Router TL-ER6120 V1 with 2 Switch directly connected on it (TL-SG108PE & TL-SG1024)

2XEAP245 + Dlink Cam + OC200  connected to TL-SG108PE

Cascaded switch TL-SG108 connected to 1 EAP245 on the second port Lan

1 Axis Cam connected with CPL and linked with TL-SG1024

Camera server surveillance connected to TL-SG1024

No issue at all with the axis cam that is linked directly to the TL-SG1024 and got route without past thru network device where is connected EAP245.

Verry low frame rate performance with Dlink cam that is connected to the same switch use by 2 EAP245.

If I disconnect the 2 EAP245 and use other AP from other made (Asus RT-AC66U) with the same topology

I got better frame rate with my Dlink lan cabeled than the Axis with CPL link.

I tried to give best priority port on uplink port of the TL-SG108PE connected to the Router- no success

Tried to disable IGMP Snooping from switch.

Tried to give QOS for the Cam.

nothing fixed the issue.

Is there anny chance to get back my good network performance once i use EAP245 ?

Thank for any advise or helps with this.

Options
12 Reply
Re:Network past thru EAP 245 V3, issues with ccam frame rate
2019-02-19 03:12:12

Hi,

You mean if 2xEAP245v3 and Dlink Cam connect with the TL-SG108PE at the same time, then the Dlink Cam get very low frame rate. What's the rate of the Dlink camera?

Cascaded switch TL-SG108 connected to 1 EAP245 on the second port Lan

You mean there have one TL-SG108 connect to the second LAN port of EAP245v3, do any other devices connect with this switch? What's the client numbers of each EAP245v3? I think you can connect the EAP245v3 to the TL-SG1024 switch, check if the camera connected with TL-SG1024 have the low switch problem.

Options
Re:Re:Network past thru EAP 245 V3, issues with ccam frame rate
2019-02-19 10:11:25

Hello @jonas 

Yes, the issue appaird once the 2 EAP245 are connected to the TL-SG108PE.

Yesterday I tried with another switch with better band and packets capacity and the issue is the same.

The Dlink is one 2Megs video, and got lower resolution than the Axis.

If I remove the 2 EAP245 from this lan segment, then the Video frame rate come back as normal.

The two cameras use approximately max 350 ko/s each.(use variable compression/band with H264)

In fact on the TL-SG1024, there is a third EAP245, and this one don't interfer with camera.

Due to the house topology, I can't connect the two others EAP directly to the TL-SG1024 and this is why I'm with cascading switch.

I will try your suggestion and use a temporary long cable to connect the TL-SG108PE directly to the TL-SG1024 and see what's happend.

This cascading switch topo is used during years now without anny problems but was with Netgear switch and Asus RT-AC66U.

I had first replace the RT-AC66U by the EAP245 and connect to him the TL-SG108 (clients on this segment are TV Samsung, Chromecast, 1SONOS, and max 5 mobiles devices)

Then after the issue appaird, i replaced the Netgear switch with the TP-Link switch to be sure there is no uncompatibility issues.

Do you know what are the specification of band and packets capacities from the lan switch ports of the EAP245 V3 ?

Also I discoverded yesterday that my TL-ER6120 don't provide the 350MBps NAT troughput. Apparently I got maybe a deffect TL-ER6120.

I'm stock with 200MBps. As this Router got a lifetime warranty, how can I proceed the got an exchange ?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Network past thru EAP 245 V3, issues with ccam frame rate
2019-02-19 12:23:00 - last edited 2019-02-19 12:24:27

I made the test with the TL-SG108PE directly connected to the TL-SG1024 and it was terrible.

Then I made some other test with the Dlink with MJPEG mode (No RTSP/RTP protocols used) and this fixed the frame rate issues. No lags and video is showing smooth.

This point now the fact of compatibility issue with EAP245 into the network with the presence of RTSP-RTP protocols used by Dlink.

Axis cam still use the H264 during all the test and was never impacted.

Any suggestion to keep my EAP245 and still use my Dlink cam with H264 ?

As now the bitrate video in MJPEG mode is not 350Ko/s but 1850Ko/s and in term of storage place for the records, this change completely the done ! + I got now more band used by this camera into this segment network and going to the surveillance server.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Network past thru EAP 245 V3, issues with ccam frame rate
2019-02-20 03:49:14 - last edited 2019-02-20 06:25:08

Pascal wrote

I made the test with the TL-SG108PE directly connected to the TL-SG1024 and it was terrible.

Then I made some other test with the Dlink with MJPEG mode (No RTSP/RTP protocols used) and this fixed the frame rate issues. No lags and video is showing smooth.

This point now the fact of compatibility issue with EAP245 into the network with the presence of RTSP-RTP protocols used by Dlink.

Axis cam still use the H264 during all the test and was never impacted.

Any suggestion to keep my EAP245 and still use my Dlink cam with H264 ?

As now the bitrate video in MJPEG mode is not 350Ko/s but 1850Ko/s and in term of storage place for the records, this change completely the done ! + I got now more band used by this camera into this segment network and going to the surveillance server.

Hi Pascal,

The EAP is a wireless device, it does not have the concept of "switch capacity". Or you can regard these two port as wire-speed forwarding port.

You mean if you do not use the RTSP/RTP protocols and use the MJPEG mode, then the camera if working well. But if you use H264 mode, then the video of camera has no lags and shows smoothly?

What's the model of your Dlink camera, and what's the clients numbers of EAP245v3? Do you have some special setting is EAP245v3? Maybe we can check this issue in our local lab.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Network past thru EAP 245 V3, issues with ccam frame rate
2019-02-20 03:51:05

Also I discoverded yesterday that my TL-ER6120 don't provide the 350MBps NAT troughput. Apparently I got maybe a deffect TL-ER6120.

I'm stock with 200MBps. As this Router got a lifetime warranty, how can I proceed the got an exchange ?

Hi Pascal

When you use different tools to test NAT throughput, you will get the different result since the different tools have the different test principle.

The NAT Throughput (350Mbps) information from our web site is tested by SmartBits. 

Normally, the SmartBits uses the UDP data to test the throughput, and only give the receiving port value as the throughput, ignore the unreceived data. So the testing result will be different. 

You can refer to the following FAQ.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-449.html

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Network past thru EAP 245 V3, issues with ccam frame rate
2019-02-20 14:36:39

My NAT test is simple. (WAN to LAN troughpout for internet usage)

If I use another Router, I can receive the max speed internet give by my cable provider : 400Mbps download and 20Mbps Upload ( I made the test wit ASUS-RTAC87U that is normaly residential usage and appaird on the market near period of TL-ER6120 V1)

But if I use the TL-ER6120 I'm limited at alf of the max speed capacity, here 200Mbps for the download, and I got 20Mbps for the upload.

Are you telling to me that the specification from this TP-Link router was played with words ?  (SmartBits uses the UDP)

If we look into data sheets performance to take purshase decision, I'm really surprised that afterwall these specification are not for an attended general usage, and internet is using TCP in majority for general usage.

For me if the promess in term of speed to share, one or two internet acces thru NAT, is not talking about the general usage of internet transfer speed, then I feel really scammed.

Other point, this Router is supposed to handle BUSINESS demand, and as you know we are bit fare now of poor internet speed with business Cable or Fiber services.

Then what is the senses to provide only a part of the job suposed to be gived ?

I understand well there must be hardware limitation with older version, but say 350 and  get only 200 is far high difference in therm of lost pourcentage from specification under special circonstence and reality.

May I know the real TCP NAT Troughput band of the TL-ER6120 V3 that show multiple NAT performance into the specification ?

We are talking here about missing communication about specification as there is no sign at all that these 800 are only under UDP protocols or TCP and I really not understand the NAT (DHCP) that is related to a backgroud lan service that generaly don't need Highspeed demand.

Listen, I 'm a reseller and integrator.

I'm now front of my clients wich had purschased with my recomands many TP-Link's product and TL-ER6120-5120 and they will sure complains

about this situation and special NAT botlenek protocols from TP-Link.

I was sure these business routers was ready for the next years evolution in term of speed demand and I got some lot deception here.

Is there some TP-Link Partners programs where we can receive rebate-test products ?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Network past thru EAP 245 V3, issues with ccam frame rate
2019-02-20 15:03:46
  • Lan Ports EAP

OK, If I understand  your explain,there is no forwarding limitation speed with Past Thru the Lan port.
Then No agregation possibility ?
and seem to use the old way HUB lan ?

You mean if you do not use the RTSP/RTP protocols and use the MJPEG mode, then the camera if working well.: YES

But if you use H264 mode, then the video of camera has no lags and shows smoothly? NO, the video of the camera goes terrible, losing frame, slow motion, saccaded. 

• the Dlink cam is DCS-4701E with latest firmware

with EAP presence:
-video H264 with RTSP/RTP, the stream start well during 1 or two minutes (good frame rate, no saccad) after then video suffer lags and saccad with lost of some frame.even with 7 frames/sec.

-video MJPEG, no issues at all, stream is good and no frame lost, got 25frames/sec.

Without EAP presence

the H264 video stream is working well, no saccad, no lost frame and use 15 frames/sec

Options
NAT past thru capacity of TL-ER6120 V1
2019-02-20 15:14:23 - last edited 2019-02-20 15:15:27

Pascal wrote

@jonas respond

Hi Pascal

When you use different tools to test NAT throughput, you will get the different result since the different tools have the different test principle.

The NAT Throughput (350Mbps) information from our web site is tested by SmartBits. 

Normally, the SmartBits uses the UDP data to test the throughput, and only give the receiving port value as the throughput, ignore the unreceived data. So the testing result will be different. 

You can refer to the following FAQ.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-449.html

Pascal wrote

My NAT test is simple. (WAN to LAN troughpout for internet usage)

If I use another Router, I can receive the max speed internet give by my cable provider : 400Mbps download and 20Mbps Upload ( I made the test wit ASUS-RTAC87U that is normaly residential usage and appaird on the market near period of TL-ER6120 V1)

But if I use the TL-ER6120 I'm limited at alf of the max speed capacity, here 200Mbps for the download, and I got 20Mbps for the upload.

Are you telling to me that the specification from this TP-Link router was played with words ?  (SmartBits uses the UDP)

If we look into data sheets performance to take purshase decision, I'm really surprised that afterwall these specification are not for an attended general usage, and internet is using TCP in majority for general usage.

For me if the promess in term of speed to share, one or two internet acces thru NAT, is not talking about the general usage of internet transfer speed, then I feel really scammed.

Other point, this Router is supposed to handle BUSINESS demand, and as you know we are bit fare now of poor internet speed with business Cable or Fiber services.

Then what is the senses to provide only a part of the job suposed to be gived ?

I understand well there must be hardware limitation with older version, but say 350 and  get only 200 is far high difference in therm of lost pourcentage from specification under special circonstence and reality.

May I know the real TCP NAT Troughput band of the TL-ER6120 V3 that show multiple NAT performance into the specification ?

We are talking here about missing communication about specification as there is no sign at all that these 800 are only under UDP protocols or TCP and I really not understand the NAT (DHCP) that is related to a backgroud lan service that generaly don't need Highspeed demand.

Listen, I 'm a reseller and integrator.

I'm now front of my clients wich had purschased with my recomands many TP-Link's product and TL-ER6120-5120 and they will sure complains

about this situation and special NAT botlenek protocols from TP-Link.

I was sure these business routers was ready for the next years evolution in term of speed demand and I got some lot deception here.

Is there some TP-Link Partners programs where we can receive rebate-test products ?

@jonas Can we move this to the right relevant forum Switch & Routers ?

Options
Re:NAT past thru capacity of TL-ER6120 V1
2019-02-21 03:24:20

Hi Pascal

Sorry to make you misunderstand. We doesn't mean to deceive customers. When we test the NAT thourghput, we need to get the maximum that routers can reach, it represents that performance of the router. 

About ER6120 V3 TCP NAT thorughput, it can get 900Mbps.  

About the TP-Link Partners programs, please consult the local salesman.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Network past thru EAP 245 V3, issues with ccam frame rate
2019-02-25 09:22:07 - last edited 2019-02-25 09:23:23

Pascal wrote

• Lan Ports EAP

OK, If I understand  your explain,there is no forwarding limitation speed with Past Thru the Lan port.
Then No agregation possibility ?
and seem to use the old way HUB lan ?

You mean if you do not use the RTSP/RTP protocols and use the MJPEG mode, then the camera if working well.: YES

But if you use H264 mode, then the video of camera has no lags and shows smoothly? NO, the video of the camera goes terrible, losing frame, slow motion, saccaded. 

• the Dlink cam is DCS-4701E with latest firmware

with EAP presence:
-video H264 with RTSP/RTP, the stream start well during 1 or two minutes (good frame rate, no saccad) after then video suffer lags and saccad with lost of some frame.even with 7 frames/sec.

-video MJPEG, no issues at all, stream is good and no frame lost, got 25frames/sec.

Without EAP presence

the H264 video stream is working well, no saccad, no lost frame and use 15 frames/sec

@jonas 

Also Users complains about no possibility to access internet without raison, the device is connected to the EAP245 and got verry good Wifi signal and less than 3M far from the EAP. They need to switch Off they Wifi and switch it back on tho be able to surf on the web again till the next time they are blocked again.

The Issue seem to be only with the access points that are on the Lan segment connected with the past Thru lan port.

By experience with SONOS, I had disconnect the SONOS to be sure there is not STP issue or loop between the SONOS net and our intranet, but the problems are still there.

I will now put back the OLD Asus RT-AC66U as termination of this lan segment, and put back the Netrgear GS510T in the midle of this segment. The EAP-245 experience is deffinitly not a success, as it is not affect only the Cam frame rate but all internet experience with Wifi devices. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3088

Replies: 12