VPN forwarding on WAN router to LAN VPN server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-19 14:21:01 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:07:35
Model: TL-R480T+  
Hardware Version: V9
Firmware Version: 9.0.2 Build 20180926 Rel.34538

Hello. I'm using this multi wan router with a VPN server on the LAN side. How do I configure it to allow VPN traffic to pass through from the WAN side to the VPN server on the LAN and allow VPN connections? VPN ALG is activated on the router but do I need to configure open ports or forwarding or anything else to allow traffic through? VPN connections are PPPT, SSL and L2TP. They are LAN to LAN VPN tunnels as well as individual VPN connections by teleworkers.

Thanks..

Options
3 Reply
Re:VPN forwarding on WAN router to LAN VPN server
2019-02-21 02:16:47 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:07:35

incagarcilaso wrote

Hello. I'm using this multi wan router with a VPN server on the LAN side. How do I configure it to allow VPN traffic to pass through from the WAN side to the VPN server on the LAN and allow VPN connections? VPN ALG is activated on the router but do I need to configure open ports or forwarding or anything else to allow traffic through? VPN connections are PPPT, SSL and L2TP. They are LAN to LAN VPN tunnels as well as individual VPN connections by teleworkers.

Thanks..

Hi incagarcilaso

As you said, you need to configure open ports. In TL-Link ER router, it calls virtual server. You need to select the WAN ports as Interface. Fill in the external/internal port according to the VPN type. Internal server IP is your VPN server's IP. 

Options
Re:Re:VPN forwarding on WAN router to LAN VPN server
2019-02-27 15:49:03 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:07:35

Hello Anderson. Thanks for the reply - that helps a lot. I'll try it. My VPN server is actually just a Draytek firewall router with VPN capabilities. I suppose that doesn't matter. As the Virtual Server IP I just put in the IP address of the router I suppose?

Anderson wrote

incagarcilaso wrote

Thanks..

Hi incagarcilaso

As you said, you need to configure open ports. In TL-Link ER router, it calls virtual server. You need to select the WAN ports as Interface. Fill in the external/internal port according to the VPN type. Internal server IP is your VPN server's IP. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:VPN forwarding on WAN router to LAN VPN server
2019-03-05 09:14:12 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:07:35

incagarcilaso wrote

Hello Anderson. Thanks for the reply - that helps a lot. I'll try it. My VPN server is actually just a Draytek firewall router with VPN capabilities. I suppose that doesn't matter. As the Virtual Server IP I just put in the IP address of the router I suppose?

The Internal server IP is the WAN IP of your Draytek firewall router.

Please note the ports for different VPNs.

PPTP: TCP 1723

L2TP: UDP 1701,500,4500 (port 500 and 4500 is used for IPsec encryption)

Options