EAP225 V3 FW bug ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP225 V3 FW bug ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:EAP225 V3 FW bug ?
2019-05-02 13:40:39

I had a similar problem which i think i have traced back to the EAP receiving its DHCP address. I am using a netgear router and have 3 EAP and the OC200 set with reserved ip. It seems by default the EAP will use their 'fallback ip' of 192.18.0.254 even when the option is disabled. This then causes the devices attached to the EAP to not be able to retrieve an IP. The EAP would sometimes not receive a new ip from the router and I was ending up with several EAP with IP conflict which then caused my whole network to slowly die until nothing would connect.

The controller would eventually report them as disconnected and only rebooting everything would get me back up. 

The only solution I have found to be working is to enable the fallback ip on the EAP to be the same as it's reserved IP (including gateway address). Even then, after a reboot the controller reports that they connected to lan with .254 but after about 30 seconds they change and get the new (correct) lan IP. Same setup on the OC200 where the fallback ip is enabled and assigned to the same address as the DHCP reservation. This drove me insane for about 2 weeks, hope this helps someone else. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: EAP225 V3 FW bug ?
2019-05-03 20:00:52 - last edited 2019-05-03 20:01:33

Switch off the feature "Airtime Fairness"... in my case it helped !!

EAP225 V3 customer
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: EAP225 V3 FW bug ?
2019-05-05 05:37:42
Similar issue with Airtime Fairness causing problems. Connections between wireless clients would begin failing ~10 minutes post-reboot like AP isolation had been activated. LAN clients were able to connect to wireless clients and vice-versa but wireless to wireless would fail. Turning off AF resolved the issue and I haven't had any further client drops.
Options
Re:Re:EAP225 V3 FW bug ?
2019-05-13 05:37:15

Questionmark wrote

Hey @forrest 

Did your testing involve Airtime Fairness?  It sounds like that is where the issue is...

Hi,

PLease upgrade the firmware to the latest version, we have optimized the Airtime Fairness in the latest firmware.

Options
Re:Re:Re:EAP225 V3 FW bug ?
2019-05-18 12:06:18

forrest wrote

Questionmark wrote

Hey @forrest 

Did your testing involve Airtime Fairness?  It sounds like that is where the issue is...

Hi,

PLease upgrade the firmware to the latest version, we have optimized the Airtime Fairness in the latest firmware.

I upgraded to the new firmware after seeing this message last week. For 3 days now I have not experienced this issue (with Airtime Fairness on). I will report back if this changes or I get any further trouble.

However, thank you very much for resolving this issue.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:EAP225 V3 FW bug ?
2019-05-23 19:45:51

I've just experienced the problem again. I was unable to access devices connected to the EAP225 until I rebooted the AP. I am going to turn off the airtime fairness feature now to see if it makes a difference.

Options