Firewall settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Firewall settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Firewall settings
Firewall settings
2019-02-27 14:45:19 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:08:01
Model: TL-ER6120  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Current setup

2 wans - 1 1gb fibre (WAN1), 1 standard broad band (WAN2)

Setup policy routing so that office users on DHCP go to internet on Standard BB, fixed IPs go out on fibre - all OK

Have setup a VPN tunnel between the office and 2 datacentres where the servers are kept.

Want to be able to route fixed IPs to be able to use the VPN tunnel but office users not.

Problem

Added a rule in the firewall IPgoup_ANy Desitnation VPN >block >all>interface >all anytime

All users can still access the VPN tunnel.

How can I make the office users not see or access the tunnel ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Firewall settings
2019-02-28 02:45:34 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:08:01

gbmartho wrote

Current setup

2 wans - 1 1gb fibre (WAN1), 1 standard broad band (WAN2)

Setup policy routing so that office users on DHCP go to internet on Standard BB, fixed IPs go out on fibre - all OK

Have setup a VPN tunnel between the office and 2 datacentres where the servers are kept.

Want to be able to route fixed IPs to be able to use the VPN tunnel but office users not.

Problem

Added a rule in the firewall IPgoup_ANy Desitnation VPN >block >all>interface >all anytime

All users can still access the VPN tunnel.

How can I make the office users not see or access the tunnel ?

Hi gbmartho

I saw that TP-link write "Enhance the Firewall module for VPN" in the released note of the latest firmware.

Maybe you can check your router model and hardware version, if your router is ER6120 V2, ER6020 V2,R600VPN V4, you can try to upgrade the latest firmware. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 760

Replies: 1

Related Articles