EAP 225 WiFi 2.4Ghz AP on b/g/n mode not compatible with legacy devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP 225 WiFi 2.4Ghz AP on b/g/n mode not compatible with legacy devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:EAP 225 WiFi 2.4Ghz AP on b/g/n mode not compatible with legacy devices
2019-04-10 18:20:57

@jorgeC I had similar issue on the 2.4GHz radio with my audio system which crashed, or lost connection or "disappeared" after appr. 10-12 hours. The root cause was the one Wireless setting of the EAP225 called "Airtime Fairness". Once disabled my audio system/internet radio works perfectly fine.

EAP225 V3 customer
Options
Re:EAP 225 WiFi 2.4Ghz AP on b/g/n mode not compatible with legacy devices-Solution
2019-04-12 02:42:12 - last edited 2019-04-12 03:35:37

Woohoo...  @jonas  and the TP-Link guys fixed my issue.  They had a look at all the wireshark traces I took and figured out that the issue I had was with some of these client devices which have legacy drivers (and which can't be udpdated) not handling the signaling that is used when the "20/40" bandwidth setting is enabled.

TP-Link will be releasing a firmware update that includes the fix for this issue some time soon.

In the meantime, if you are having issues similar to mine, you can check if "20/40" is enabled and try disabling it.  I did check that doing that worked for me but obviously that's not the ideal solution, just a temporary one.

Thanks Jonas! You guys showed a lot of customer focus in working on this issue and that's what will keep us being repeat customers. :-)

Recommended Solution
Options