Clients become isolated

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Clients become isolated

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Clients become isolated
Clients become isolated
2019-03-19 02:56:42
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.4.0 Build 20181121 Rel. 55897(5553)

The Apple MacBook Air (2017) is able to connect to EAP225, and can access wired network nodes, but it is unable to see other wireless clients.

I have 4 active SSIDs on the EAP225. 2 on 2.4ghz (b/g only) and the remaining 2 on the 5ghz band.

The MacBook Air is on the 5ghz and most of the clients are on the 2.4ghz.  However, the MacBook Air can't see clients on any of the 4 SSIDs.

What's interesting is that the clients usually can see the MacBook Air and ping it, but even when that's working I can go to the MacBook start a ping and it fails.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Clients become isolated
2019-03-20 02:31:45

jorgeC wrote

The Apple MacBook Air (2017) is able to connect to EAP225, and can access wired network nodes, but it is unable to see other wireless clients.

I have 4 active SSIDs on the EAP225. 2 on 2.4ghz (b/g only) and the remaining 2 on the 5ghz band.

The MacBook Air is on the 5ghz and most of the clients are on the 2.4ghz.  However, the MacBook Air can't see clients on any of the 4 SSIDs.

What's interesting is that the clients usually can see the MacBook Air and ping it, but even when that's working I can go to the MacBook start a ping and it fails.

Hi,

It's a wired thing, since the communication is decided by both device. Generally speaking, if the other device can ping the MacBook, then the MacBook can ping other device, too. (Because for ping command, the device will send a ICMP packets to MacBook, then MacBook will reply a ICMP packets to device)

Only the MacBook Air has this problem?

Options
Re:Re:Clients become isolated
2019-03-22 14:52:10

Yes, so far that's the only one with this problem.

I do see other connectivity problems that I am trying to work through a little bit further (before reporting theose) with WiFi USB Dongles.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 967

Replies: 2

Related Articles