Omada Controller 3.1.4 (Windows) has been released.
We are glad to share you that we have published Omada Controller 3.1.4 (Windows), which mainly adds Guest Network/Merge 2.4G and 5G SSID/Radius Accounting/API changes of Radius Portal.
You can download Omada Controller 3.1.4 (Windows) at the following link:
1. Guest Network
We change SSID Isolation as the Guest Network. With the Guest Network enabled, the devices connected in the same SSID of the same AP cannot communicate with each other, and guest network will block clients from reaching any private IP subnet.
2. Merge 2.4G and 5G SSID.
Omada Controller 3.1.4 merges the 2.4G and 5G SSID. The SSID on different radio band with the same name will be regarded as an identical SSID entry. When you upgrade your controller and restore the backup files from the controller with the version 3.0.5 or below, the SSID entries will be changed to the parameters of the original SSID on the 2.4GHz radio band.
3. Radius Accounting.
If we select WPA-Enterprise encryption when creating an SSID, we can enable Radius accounting to count the traffic of the client. With this feature, the user can be billed accordingly, and it can also be used for statistical purposes and general network monitoring.
4. API changes of Radius Portal
We add CHAP encryption and NAS ID in Radius portal authentication, and the Radius Client role is transferred from EAP to Omada Controller. If you use External Radius Server with External Web Portal in old version controller, pay attention that the API has been changed in this version. Thus you have to modify your External Web Portal, refer to FAQ-2390 for more details.
PS: Below are the detailed release note of Omada Controller 3.1.4 (Windows)for your reference.
1. Merge 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSID.
2. Add Guest Network function.
3. Optimize log field and content.
4. Add SSID Radius accounting to WPA-Enterprise security mode.
5. Optimize the site list which allows us to inquire the specific site based on the site name and add new entrance for the hotspot.
6. Add SSL encryption in Log Server, and Log setting/Mail Server can be only accessed by administrator account.
7. Add Layer-3 Accessibility in SSH.
8. Add Mesh settings to Backup and Restore file.
9. Add CHAP encryption and NAS ID in Radius portal authentication and the Radius Client role is transferred from EAP to Omada Controller.
10. Add SSID MAC Authentication to none security mode.
11. Add channel utilization function.
12. Add Full-Sector DFS function in Mesh network.
13. Channel limit is revised from private configuration to site settings.
14. Support inputting domain name in SMTP server.
1. The log will be cleared when you upgrade the software from version 3.0.x to version 3.1.4.
2. Add push notification to Omada APP of version 2.1.4 or above when EAP is connected/disconnected from Omada Controller.
3. This version of Omada Controller is applied to Omada APP of version 2.1.4 or above.
4. When you upgrade your controller or backup files from lower version, the 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSID entries with the same name will be merged and it will inherit the parameters of the original 2.4GHz SSID.
5. If you use External Radius Server with External Web Portal in old version controller, pay attention that the API has been changed in this version, thus you have to modify your External Web Portal, refer to FAQ-2390 for more details.
6. The log generated by EAP will be managed and storaged by Controller if you manage EAPs by Omada Controller.
7. Channel utilization will take effect only with new firmware.