Installed new Omada on new PC and now have problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-27 08:44:37

I hope somebody can help me.

I have 3 EAPs (EAP110 & EAP110 outdoor). I set them up using Omada controller on my laptop last year. All I wanted to do was use the same SSID. Everything worked perfectly. But my laptop is old and slow so yesterday I installed Omada on my Desktop. I logged in to the desktop omada controller using my login and it said it was provisioning the EAPs, and then they all showed as disconnected on both the desktop and laptop omada controller.

I cannot work out how to get them up and running on my Desktop Omada controller. I must have done something wrong. Does anyone know what I need to do to get them up and running again?

Thank you for any help and advice.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Installed new Omada on new PC and now have problems
2019-03-27 10:35:34

Hi Wagonface,

Normally we can use Omada Controller to manage the EAP successfully, for your issue, maybe you can try the following steps to have a try.

1. Please check the version of the firmware; we recommend you to upgrade them to the latest version because the lower version of firmware may be not compatible with the latest version of Omada Controller.

2. Please check the IP of the EAP, if you config statistic IP address for the EAP, then there maybe something wrong when you manage them by Omada Controller.

3. If you have done the steps above and the problem still exists, you can have a factory for the EAP to have a test.

4. By the way, what's the version of your new Omada Controller? Did you manage the EAP by the older version of Omada Controller, and the EAP works well? 

Options
Re:Installed new Omada on new PC and now have problems
2019-03-29 04:56:38
easy to solve, try 1. export the config from ur old controller(optional) 2. completely uninstall the old controller. 3. import the config into new controller. 4. ensure ur new controller has the same ip subnet as the aps. 5. ensure the controller is wired connected to the lan, never use wireless link for the controller. 6. adopt the aps in the new controller
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1409

Replies: 2

Related Articles