T1600G-28PS ver 2.0 VLAN for Voice and Data on a single port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-02 13:25:07
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0

Really hoping someone can help with our scenario

We are running a tp-link T1600G-28PS ver 2.0 switch.  The port is used for connection an IP phone and to the IP Phone we have connected a PC.

I need help configuring the switch to give priority to IP phone over the the PC.

What is the easiest most dynamic way to get this working with out having to manually/individually tag the phone and pc seperately i.e. hardcode the VLAN into phone and PC.

I have looked at this: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2148/ but it seems it is setup for phones and PC's on seperate ports rather than sharing a port.  Is it possible to a setup like this but more dynamic e.g. when it sees the OUI of the Phones/PBX it will tag it with VLAN 2(Voice) and all other traffic VLAN 1(Data).

I am really a beginner with tp-link switches but not a complete noob when it comes to networking and would really appreciate a push in the right tp-link direction.

Thank you in advance for your replies and suggestions.

Options
2 Reply
Re:T1600G-28PS ver 2.0 VLAN for Voice and Data on a single port
2019-04-08 03:46:20

fixtactix wrote

Really hoping someone can help with our scenario

We are running a tp-link T1600G-28PS ver 2.0 switch.  The port is used for connection an IP phone and to the IP Phone we have connected a PC.

I need help configuring the switch to give priority to IP phone over the the PC.

What is the easiest most dynamic way to get this working with out having to manually/individually tag the phone and pc seperately i.e. hardcode the VLAN into phone and PC.

I have looked at this: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2148/ but it seems it is setup for phones and PC's on seperate ports rather than sharing a port.  Is it possible to a setup like this but more dynamic e.g. when it sees the OUI of the Phones/PBX it will tag it with VLAN 2(Voice) and all other traffic VLAN 1(Data).

I am really a beginner with tp-link switches but not a complete noob when it comes to networking and would really appreciate a push in the right tp-link direction.

Thank you in advance for your replies and suggestions.

Hi fixtactix

You can refer to the CG page 471. It has the configuration example. You can only see the configuratoin of switch A.

https://static.tp-link.com/1910012255_T1600G_CG.pdf

Options
Re:T1600G-28PS ver 2.0 VLAN for Voice and Data on a single port
2019-04-19 10:33:38

Typical scenario to configure Voice VLAN :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1795

Replies: 2