EAP225 loses connection after 2 or 3 days

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-22 22:13:45 - last edited 2019-04-23 03:24:22
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.4.0

Hello,

I bought my EAP225 about 1 month ago...after some days the access point started to behave weirdly, it simply loses connection after 2 or 3 days of use. When this happen i dont have internet and i cant access the config page using it's IP Address.

To solve that i need to reset the device 2 times, maybe more.

There's something i can do?

Options
5 Reply
Re:EAP225 loses connection after 2 or 3 days
2019-04-23 04:32:31

Hi,

Here are some suggestions you can try.

1. Upgrade the firmware to the latest version.

2. Check the ethernet cable.

3. It may be related to the wireless environment, you can revise the channel width, select an unused channel.

Options
Re:Re:EAP225 loses connection after 2 or 3 days
2019-04-23 15:50:44

Hello,

1. The EAP is already in the latest firmware

2. I think everything is alright

3. I don't think that's the problem, because when i'm using my desktop that is connected in the router and the wifi drops the connection i can't access using the ip of the EAP.

Options
Re:Re:Re:EAP225 loses connection after 2 or 3 days
2019-04-24 14:24:10

matfurla wrote

Hello,

1. The EAP is already in the latest firmware

2. I think everything is alright

3. I don't think that's the problem, because when i'm using my desktop that is connected in the router and the wifi drops the connection i can't access using the ip of the EAP.

Hi,

1. Do you mean clients connected to the EAP will lost connection? If yes, could you please tell me more details about it? For example, you clients cannot connect to the EAP, or the clients can connect to the EAP but they cannot get IP address, or they can get the IP address but they cannot access the internet?

2. When the issue occurs, please have a test. Please ping the IP address of the EAP, please ping the gateway, please ping www.google.com, then tell us the result.

3. Does every client have this issue? You can try different clients to confirm this issue.

Options
2019-05-08 18:26:06

Im also having the same problem with my EAP225 V3.

After a few days or so the device just stops working properly. When I try to access the web portal via a wired LAN connection in its broken state the connection just times out. I have the wireless point configured just to be a standalone AP into a switch with the rest of my network, nothing fancy. The device has been assigned a static IP (10.100.0.200) manually and not via DHCP. 

I can ping the device but I receive upto 40-60% packet loss when I do so, also I can connect wirelessly but I have no internet access although I do have access to the web portal via wireless.

I can see via the portal that everything looks OK nothing in logs and the IP address is still assigned and the up time is 3 days 20 hrs. CPU and Memory % are 4% and 53% respectively.

I have 3 wireless clients and no guest network or anything, very simple setup. I also have the latest fireware running on the device (2.4.0 Build 20181121 Rel. 55897 (4555)).

I can SSH into the device but its incredibly slow or unresponsive.

It seems to be an issue with the LAN port/side of the device. If I reboot the device it works fine.. for a few days.

Help would be appreciated, if not I will just RMA the device.

Options
2019-12-09 07:54:18
Im have the same problem
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2952

Replies: 5