Using Omada in a Service Provider environment

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-16 16:30:10

We are a managed service provider involved in many wi-fi deployments. I have recently set up our first Omada test network and working through the steps of learning how to use it to our advantage. One of the first things I have noticed is that it seems as though each controller can only be associated with one TP Link ID. If this is the case then it appears to be impossible to share cloud connectivity with the customer without sharing your entire list of clients. Is this the case or am I missing something?

What I am looking for is to have one dashboard for all of the sites we install and manage, along with give cloud access to the customers for their individual networks.

I hope there is a way to do this easily, it might be a deal breaker if not.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Using Omada in a Service Provider environment
2019-05-17 02:58:42

Hi,

We can add more than one TP-Link Cloud ID on the "Cloud Access", but only one ID is the administrator, other roles are operator or observer, which is for security consideration.

"What I am looking for is to have one dashboard for all of the sites we install and manage, along with give cloud access to the customers for their individual networks."

Do you mean that for the manager, he can manage all sites, but for the customer, each customer can only manage his only site? We can not do this for now. If I misunderstand your meaning, please correct me.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 626

Replies: 1