TL-SG3424P CLI blank screen

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-23 10:35:07
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20150715 Rel.33297(s)

Hi,

Our customer has 8 TL-SG3424P switches and 7 of them show a blank screen when using the CLI.

If you log in via a console cable, you'll get a blank screen right away. If you log in using SSH, you'll be prompted for your credentials (which are definitely checked as you will get a notification if you get them wrong) and once you enter the username and password correctly, you'll then again get a blank screen, no prompt, no reaction to any input.

All the switches are the same model and use the same firmware. We tried rebooting one of them, but that didn't help.

The web interface seems to work fine on all of them.

Only one of the switches of this model has a working CLI. There are no config differences between the working switch and the faulty ones if you exclude regular stuff like IP addresses, VLAN assignment and similar. The access and admin configs are the same. Switches that are of different models have a CLI that works fine.

I've already opened a ticket with support regarding this, but figured I could also ask here to see if anyone has any knowledge about the issue. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Momcilo

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-SG3424P CLI blank screen
2019-05-28 02:18:49

It's odd, maybe you can try to reset the switch and test again. Remember to save the config file before reset.

Options
2019-05-28 13:10:37

As I understand, Web-interface works properly. Well, for the old switches, telnet/ssh doesn't work by default, it will show after login, that you need to configure Enable password firstly. You should do it via Console port. https://static.tp-link.com/res/down/doc/TL-SG3424(UN)_V2.0_CLI.pdf - page 4 here. 'enable password' + 'line vty 0 5'

I think you are on this step, but you do not see the message. 

Options
2019-05-28 13:35:56

Hi guys,

There is no prompt when logging in via the console either. I know about the 'enable password' thing, but there should still be a prompt even if you don't have that set up. You simply won't be able to elevate your privilege level, meaning you'll have a very limited set of commands available to you.

As for Andone's advice to do a factory reset on each switch, that is an option, but I'm currently still looking into ways of getting the CLI fixed without that as it would cause significant interruptions to the customer. The case with TP-Link support is still ongoing, so I guess I'll just have to see how that pans out first.

Thanks for looking into this.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1192

Replies: 3