EAP225v1.0/2.0 - / EAP320 Mesh Support - Firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP225v1.0/2.0 - / EAP320 Mesh Support - Firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:EAP225v1.0/2.0 - / EAP320 Mesh Support - Firmware upgrade
2019-10-28 10:31:00 - last edited 2019-10-28 11:02:32

Mitya wrote

All online trainings, which I had from TP-Link, when they are speaking about 'limited lifetime warranty', they are talking only about service-centers (hardware repairement), not about firmware support.

I know the limited lifetime conditions from TP-Link. Yes, they are not talking about firmware support (except for defining EOL for a product at the end of its firmware support) and this is exactly the problem for us. We're an OEM, not hobbyists.

If you have a problem/bug and you troubleshoot it with tplink, you will receive beta even for eol product pretty fast(I received it many times, even for TPNMS, which is eoled for years).

Let's see:

• Easy Smart Switch firmware VLAN 1 bug: one year of complaints from lots of users until it got fixed eventually, most discussed issue in the forum back then. Had to post a screenshot showing VLAN 1 handling in Netgear 5-/8-port smart switches in the forum until TP-Link could be convinced to eventually fix it in TL-SG105E/108E/108PE/1016 switches.
  • Root exploit in early Linux version of EAP/Omada Controller: 1.5 years until fixed. Dozens of mails to R&D directly since first Linux version 2.4 was released. Did sent them a fix for the severe security bug very early, only days after release of v2.4. Nevertheless, it did need several cases of compromised servers in late 2017 and a proof-of-concept for the root exploit until R&D could be convinced that it is a really big problem if one runs the controller on a public server. Officially fixed only from controller v3 on. Early fix for v2.5, 2.6 and 2.7 available from me still available here in the forum.

IMO that's not »pretty fast«. Also, both products were not even EOL.

Ok, I admit that nowadays bugs are mostly fixed faster, but we were talking about firmware support for predecessor models replaced by new HW versions very soon and how customers with older hardware versions are disconnected from this firmware support.

We developed our own firmare running on our own routers for WiFi hotspots 15 years ago and we support devices running our own firmware (Linksys/CISCO, Netgear, Buffalo, TP-Link etc.) for at least five years, usually even longer - as a small company not nearly as big as TP-Link! Compare this with the lifetime of the firmware for EAP110 v1, EAP110-Outdoor v1 or EAP225 v1.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:EAP225v1.0/2.0 - / EAP320 Mesh Support - Firmware upgrade
2021-09-09 08:18:08

@E-raser Elimde eap320 var  OC200 cihazıyla uyumlu yazmasına rağmen cihazlar bölümünden  bu hatayı veriyor ..."this device is not compatible with the current controller"...

Options
Related Articles