3 CPE210s AP - any specific setup?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-12 15:27:29
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

We have 3 CPE210s installed outside. We want out hotel guest to access WIFI from outside as well as inside rooms. CPEs are setup as Access Point and they are connected to D-Link router via LAN connection. We want the guest to connect WIFI via CPE210. DHCP service is enabled in the DLINK router. in CPE210:

* Static connection. IPs are 192.196.10.2XX and Router 's IP is 192.168.10.XX

* Max stream is off

* Channel Width is 20MHz

* Distance setting is 0 and checked off Auto.

* Security mode is WPA-PSK

Every else, I left default setting. Each CPEs have their own SSID and no multi SSID within one CPE.

The problem that we are having is that guest cannot connect to internet via WIFI consistently. Often they get password incorrect, or cannot connect to internet after the password is accepted. Is there anything else I can do? 

Thanks.

Options
5 Reply
Re:3 CPE210s AP - any specific setup?
2019-06-13 07:42:58

I would say you choose wrong equipment for your task. CPE/WBS is designed to built point-to-point links (point-to-multipoint) for a long distance. It is not so good to use it for user connection. The only case to use it is WBS+omni-directional antennas.

I will explain, why it is not so good idea. The problem in WiFi is that you can't just configure CPE210 and connect to this network anywhere you see this network. If you try to connect to it on the distance of 1km with your phone, you will not be able to do it, as phone doesn't have so powerful transmitter, so it will not be able to transfer signal to your AP, while it can see the full signal strenght. I feel it is your problem. Clients can normally work closely to CPEs, while they can't with on some distance. Also, it could be just overload with the users, as this APs is not designed to connect a lot of clients, maximum is just several multi-point links, so I woud not recommend to connect more than 10 clients at the same time, just like SOHO routers.

Options
Re:Re:3 CPE210s AP - any specific setup?
2019-06-13 13:24:38
Mitya, Is there any specific AP device you can recommend that will do the job for my use case? Thank you!
Options
2019-06-13 13:32:30 - last edited 2019-06-13 13:32:51

It is still unclear for me, what your requirements are. I do not know, what you want to do. If you want to provide wifi-network for users to several hundreds meters, then it is wrong. If you want just to provide outdoor wifi near your builing, then it is better to use Omada solution -> EAP225-Outdoor with omni-directional antennas. There will be controller, MESH, etc...

Options
Re:Re:3 CPE210s AP - any specific setup?
2019-06-13 14:42:48

We have a small seasonal hotel building where 50 people can connect to WIFI at the same time, but on average, I would say 10 to 30 people. The Hotel is 2 story L shape building where we currently have the CPE210 on each corner (total 3 CPEs) on 2nd floor of the building. Requirement is for guest can access internet from their rooms through WIFI. Rooms do not have ethernet port and easist and most economical way we thought was to install CPEs to provide WIFI access for the guests. Those CPEs are connected to DLINK DIR-D882 router. So is there a AP device where I can install it outside using POE and send a good WIFI signals into the rooms?

Thanks.

Options
2019-06-14 06:49:36

I think Omada solution is designed for you. EAP225-Outdoor for outdoor, maybe it will cover some indoor, but usually just some EAP225/EAP115 to cover your indoor. You will have roaming, good management, some statistics, etc. I would definitely recommend it instead of Pharos. It will cost higher though.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1062

Replies: 5

Related Articles