EAP225-Outdoor Passive POE Allowable Voltage Range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-14 01:08:02
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a scenario where I would like to temporarily deploy multiple EAP225-Outdoor APs in a mesh network.
The network will be outdoor and battery powered, I may use solar panels and charge controllers to extend uptime. 

I would like to know what the allowable voltage range is for this access point so I can determine if I need to use voltage regulators or not.
I can estimate what the allowable voltage drop is based off the POE guide here but I was hoping for a more definitive spec.

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP225-Outdoor Passive POE Allowable Voltage Range
2019-06-14 03:33:23

Hi Tobin,

From the PoE adapter we can know that we should power for the EAP225-Outdoor with 24V.

Actually, if you want to power for the EAP225-Outdoor, you can derectly use a PoE switch, it will be very easy.

Hope this can help you!

Options
Re:EAP225-Outdoor Passive POE Allowable Voltage Range
2019-06-19 21:35:39

I did a quick test on the bench with a lab supply. It seems that the device seems to still work down to a fairly low voltage of 10v. I did not test any lower than 10v or higher than 24v.

Given that this device is also 802.11af compliant, does that mean that the working voltage range is actually something like 10-57v?

Obviously at 10v the current consumption increases, would this possibly cause long term issues for some of the power supply components?

I would really appreciate input from someone technical at tp-link.

Thanks. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2908

Replies: 2