EAP245, OC200, and DHCP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP245, OC200, and DHCP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP245, OC200, and DHCP
EAP245, OC200, and DHCP
2019-06-26 18:32:32
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: current

I have a system in place with 6 total AP's all of which are EAP245's. Two are v3 hardware, four are v1 hardware. They are all controlled by an OC200 Omada controller. There are 2 basic SSID's carried by all these AP's; Secured & Guest. Secured is for staff and has WPA2/AES encryption. Guest is for guests and has no encryption (but is rate limited to the Internet).

Here's my problem ... all the wireless clients can connect to Secured with the correct password, no problem. However, some of the wireless clients cannot pull a DHCP addess from the firewall router in the Secured network. If I manually assign them an IP address in the correct range all is well. But some clients won't pull a DHCP address.

Where should I look? What am I missing? What is causing this? Thoughts? Opinions?

TIA

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP245, OC200, and DHCP
2019-06-26 23:42:36

It is a very strange issue. The DHCP server is the main firewall, Netgear SRX5308. No captive portals are activated. The Guest Network is NOT selected on the "Guest" network. Have not done a packet capture (yet).

More info; this is a very simple set up, really. It's 2 VLANs, one for secured, one for guest. Each VLAN maps to an SSID. The Secured network is encrypted. The Guest network is not. The Guest network and it's VLAN are rate limited at the firewall.

FYI - this location just had an Engenius EAP600 802.11n Dual-band AP installed that was working flawlessly for many months.

This location is an EAP245 v3. Most of the others are v1 hardware. I did not use the POE Injector from the EAP245. A TrendNet POE Injector was already installed. Could that be the issue?

Options
Re:EAP245, OC200, and DHCP
2020-04-06 18:31:50

@TriuneTechAZ 

I was able to resolve the problem. I had mistakenly set VLAN 1 to Tag in the OC200. Once I removed the VLAN setting from the associated SSID, violla!

Options