Your Phone is Connected to a Wi-Fi Network That Prevents WhatsApp Calls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Your Phone is Connected to a Wi-Fi Network That Prevents WhatsApp Calls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
28 Reply
Re:Your Phone is Connected to a Wi-Fi Network That Prevents WhatsApp Calls
2019-09-30 18:34:35

@lf.PUC 

Last friday I removed the EAP245 and installed a new Archer C5(W) in it's place. It is directly connected to one ot my backbone switches.

The new C5 is now facing the same problems with WhatsApp voice and video calls that used to happen with the EAP245.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Options
2019-10-01 09:05:55

@lf.PUC 

Have you tried to disable NAT acceleration on the C5?

Advanced settings > lan > Switch control > NAT acceleration > Disable

menus may be a little different

Options
2019-10-01 13:44:38

@quadrophenic 

As you guessed, my menu is different and I could not find this option setting. I sent a message to the local TP-Link support (corp.br@tp-link.com) and hope they can guide me to the correct menu.

Thanks

Options
2019-10-01 14:10:49 - last edited 2019-10-01 14:12:06

@lf.PUC 

Maybe on the left panel of management page, select  'NAT' 

current hardware nat status > disable

I think TP-link have changed the menus in router management since I last used one :(

Options
2019-10-01 15:08:54
Under "Advanced", the "NAT" menu has ALG Virtual Servers Port Forwarding DMZ uPnP. Under ALG I can enable or disable these settings: Pass PPTP: Pass L2TP: Pass IPSec: ALG FTP: ALG TFTP: RTSP ALG: ALG H323: ALG SIP: I think these have nothing to do with Hardware NAT. Thanks
Options
2020-07-06 11:29:28 - last edited 2020-07-06 11:57:44

When experiencing issues with WhatsApp calls, please try connecting to a different network (such as Wi-Fi connection instead of mobile data, or vice versa). Your current network might not be properly configured for UDP (User Datagram Protocol) which may prevent WhatsApp Calling from functioning properly.

If you're unable to make or receive WhatsApp calls after connecting to your Wi-Fi connection, make sure your router's security settings and firewall configuration aren't blocking certain types of connections in order for WhatsApp Calling to function properly. after doing this all If you still have a problem with WhatsApp, use this FMWhatsApp app just to check if it is only with WhatsApp.

Options
2020-07-06 18:33:39

@apkroids , I will check this enhanced app.

We discovered that a firewall was blocking the calls for not allowing UDP comming from port 3478 (STUN).

Thank you.

Options
2021-11-25 09:46:32

I banged my head a lot alone and with TP link support to get WiFi calling working on Archer A6 and C6. TP link support had no clue about the issue or fix.
After lot of hit and trial, checking "Enable IPSec passthrough" option under ALG option in NAT forwarding fixed it without any forwarding.

Options
Related Articles