TPlink Omada, Custom Name for a specific MAC Address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-01 00:42:31 - last edited 2019-07-01 00:45:17
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.5+

Hi TPlink :) im using 3 Tplink EAP225 V3 in my network. Both the hardware and the OMADA system is really easy to use and very functional :)

I would like to request for a feature wherein we can EDIT a custom name for a specific MAC Address so it can be saved in OMADA for easy identification of clients. i have tried Ubiquiti before and they have this feature. a really really handy feature so we can easily identify on who owns/what gadget is the Mac Address.

Looking forward to have this feature added in the future OMADA controller version. Thank you very much. Godbless and more power to TPLink! :)

Options
5 Reply
Re:TPlink Omada, Custom Name for a specific MAC Address
2019-07-01 03:17:45

Hello,

For this feature, we have the plan to add it in the later version of Omada Controller.

Thank you for your feedback.

Options
2019-07-13 23:58:54

Tplink Controller Version 3.2.1 has just been released, but sadly the ability to edit a custom name for a specific mac address feature is still not enabled :( please TP-Link, i really need this :(

thank you very much

Options
2019-07-14 05:35:55

I badly need it itoo especially for my wifi subscribers. Please please! Thanks!

Options
Re:Re:TPlink Omada, Custom Name for a specific MAC Address
2019-07-18 03:16:41

Fugazi wrote

I badly need it itoo especially for my wifi subscribers. Please please! Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback!! We are planning to add this feature in later version of Controller. 

Options
2019-07-23 05:36:38

awaiting for this feature to be enabled in the next controller or device firmware version :) thanks so much TP-Link :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2239

Replies: 5