Cannot Access my Range Extender Configuration (EAP120)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-07 08:25:50 - last edited 2019-07-08 06:29:53

I have been using a TP-Link Extender (EAP120) for some years now and for the past months there have been incidents of network time delay when there should not be. So I suspected changing the Extender network name might solve this (I was using the same name for router and Extender). However I was not able to access my Extender configuration page.

I reset the Extender, I used the Windows command prompt to find default gateway and ip adress, but I am not able to access the configuration page with either ethernet or wi-fi. I tried what guidelines I could find online, but none seems to work.

The Extender is wired by ethernet cable to my router so I have Internet access via wi-fi in my computer, but since resetting I am unable to assign a password to protect my network, which is really important to me.

Thank you for your assistance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot Access my Range Extender Configuration (EAP120)
2019-07-07 09:28:10 - last edited 2019-07-08 06:29:53

Solution was to use this adress on browser to access Extender: "tplinkeap.net" instead of "tplink.net" for this EAP device.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 714

Replies: 1