Do not understand the concept

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-12 15:17:31 - last edited 2019-07-15 06:49:12
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there. I am not blonde but this subject is very complicated. I live in a house with WIFI installed. I use some TP-Link Repeater. Now I want to extend my WIFI to the garden. The WIFI at the pool is very weak and I want to make it much stronger. It obviously is an outdoor area and that makes it so complicated for me. I just do not know what kind of product I should chose to make that happen. It should be really easy for me to extend the existing network. Like having a network clone button or WPS.

Can anybody say anything about this product or can anybody recommend another product that would fit better to me?

Thanks for any help.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Do not understand the concept
2019-07-15 09:13:58

Hello @markimark ,

You say you use the TP-Link Repeater and the signal is weaker. 

If you want to deloy network, we recommend you to use TP-Link outdoor products. You can use EAP225-Outdoor, the coverage can reach about 200m at 2.4G and 300m at 5G. I think it can meet your demand.

Options
Re:Do not understand the concept
2019-07-15 09:25:26

Sure, I have seen the product but I can not understand how I can set up this easily. Does it have WPS? If I watch videos on the internet, it all looks so amazingly complicated. I just want to clone my existing network and have it extended to outdoors!?

Options
Re:Re:Do not understand the concept
2019-07-15 12:18:33

HI Markimark, the eap 225 outdoor you have asked about is a dedicated Access Point intended for a cabled connection from your router (or another device on your network) and is a great choice to extend your wireless coverage outside.

It supports POE (power over ethernet) this means using a single cable to the device you can both power it and connect it to your router.

A repeater on the other hand, which you suggest you use already extends your wifi by being both a wifi client (it connects to your existing wifi) and an Access Point (it offers connections to your other devices) without needing to be connected using an ethernet cable - it still needs power obviously.

Options;

1. can you move your repeaters to get better coverage outside?

2. does your existing repeater have an ethernet socket, some do like the RE450 or RE205 (and many others). The you could connect the EAP225 outdoor to the range externder using an ethernet cable if this is more convenient than running an ethernet cable all the way back to your router. The EAP225 outdoor will need to be configured independantly though and the performance (speed of download) will be slightly slower than a directly connected device because repeaters always add additional delay and bandwidth.

3. extend your coverage with another repeater, these also support WPS as you requested although they are not designed for outdoor use so can you position it near a window that overlooks the pool (walls attenuate the signal more than windows).

4. bite the bullet and run an ethernet cable to your router and connect it to the EAP225  outdoor, this will give the best performance, the device will need to be configured (no more complicated than setting up wifi on a router), and you can manage it as a standalone device no need for a controller for such a simple extension.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1068

Replies: 3