Client list not up to date

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-03 03:40:55
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.0 build 20190530

Hello,

I have two eap 245 v3 managed by an omada software controller v3.2.1.

I can see that the connected client list can be really slow to detect a new disconnected device or a new connected device (more than 2 minutes) et sometimes it doesn't see at all that a device is disconnected (I have to disconnect the device from the UI).

An other test that I made, is to disconnect a device which is actual connected. Then the device is deleted from the UI (which us good) then the device reconnects immediatly to the wifi, but the UI can take several minutes to list it.

This is really an ennoying issue for automating stuff a based on the number of connected devices. In addition, the eaps are not directly reachable (even in read only mode), so I can not get data directly from the APs, even snmp can not be enabled on the eaps...

Thanks for your answer and your help.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Client list not up to date
2019-08-05 02:29:28

Hello,

I can see that the connected client list can be really slow to detect a new disconnected device or a new connected device (more than 2 minutes) et sometimes it doesn't see at all that a device is disconnected (I have to disconnect the device from the UI).

Do you mean when a client connects to the AP, then it is slowly to detect other SSID when it is connected to the SSID?

An other test that I made, is to disconnect a device which is actual connected. Then the device is deleted from the UI (which us good) then the device reconnects immediatly to the wifi, but the UI can take several minutes to list it.

This is not an issue. When the client deivces are disconnected from the AP, the information of client devices will disappear after 5 minutes. 

Options
Re:Re:Client list not up to date
2019-09-05 01:27:52 - last edited 2019-09-18 23:55:54

Hello,

Here an example: the UI is telling me that this device has been connected for 3 days, but it's false. The device is not here at least for more dans 2 days (it was connected only for few hours) ...

$ ping 192.168.0.134
PING 192.168.0.134 (192.168.0.134) 56(84) bytes of data.
--- 192.168.0.134 ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 2029ms

It seems that this list is not well updated. This is an really annoying bug :/

Can we expect to have this bug fixed in the next version ?

Thanks !

PS: The only work aroud found, is to disconnect manually the device through the UI...

Options
Re:Re:Client list not up to date
2020-05-24 01:56:39 - last edited 2020-05-24 01:59:09

@forrest Any news on this issue ? When I look at the json returned by the UI, the lastseen attribute is false. I still have some devices connected for days but there are not ! I got this issue with android phones and iphones and omada controller 3.2.10 Thanks for you help ?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1056

Replies: 3

Related Articles