TL-SG108E: IPv6 not working on VLANs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-14 18:58:23
Model: TL-SG108E  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20181130

I purchased this switch about a month ago. It's been working fine so far, until I just recently started setting up VLANs on my network.

The IPv4 side of things works fine as far as I can tell.

When I connect a new device on the VLAN, it'll get 2 IPv6s at first (regular + temporary). IPv6 works fine at that point. I've tested it with IPv6-test-sites.

However, a few seconds later, the test-sites stop working altogether. All ipv6-tests fail. The addresses timeout.
When I go back to my network-device settings, I notice that instead of the original two, I now have four IPv6 addresses assigned. It remains at 4 from then on. And IPv6 connections fail permanently.
When I disable/re-enable the network interface on my VLAN-devices, I'm back to two IPv6, but then a few seconds later, same thing happens.

Everything works fine on the LAN networks. But all basically VLANs are unusable because of thse IP leaks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG108E: IPv6 not working on VLANs
2019-08-15 07:14:10

If everything works normally without TL-SG108E, than just capture dumps on your client to see, how you receive 4 IPv6-addresses, and contact your local tplink support to fix it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2200

Replies: 1

Related Articles