PAUSE TIME FEATURE IN EAP225 OUTDOOR

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-15 12:17:22

everyone at TP-LINK could you add PAUSE TIME FEATURES in omada controller it is a great help...looking forward for this feature in the future updates of firmware or updates of omada controller...thank you TP-LINK

Options
9 Reply
Re:PAUSE TIME FEATURE IN EAP225 OUTDOOR
2019-08-15 16:15:36

theGamer wrote

everyone at TP-LINK could you add PAUSE TIME FEATURES in omada controller it is a great help...looking forward for this feature in the future updates of firmware or updates of omada controller...thank you TP-LINK

What pause time feature? For parental control or for turning on/off the radio or SSID at specific times?

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:Re:PAUSE TIME FEATURE IN EAP225 OUTDOOR
2019-08-15 21:13:25

Pause Time Feature...if you have a client and this client subscribe to you for 24 hours in your wifi network and he/she got something to do for more than 8 hours of his/her time then he can pause his current session so that the time remaining in her subscription to you wifi network is still the way he left to work...this is a very good feature in omada instead of continues time the user have the ability to pause his/her current session and if he want to resume then he can do it simple again by logging in...

Options
Re: PAUSE TIME FEATURE IN EAP225 OUTDOOR
2019-08-15 22:48:41

Sounds interesting!

Options
Re:Re:Re:PAUSE TIME FEATURE IN EAP225 OUTDOOR
2019-08-16 01:39:35

theGamer wrote

Pause Time Feature...if you have a client and this client subscribe to you for 24 hours in your wifi network and he/she got something to do for more than 8 hours of his/her time then he can pause his current session so that the time remaining in her subscription to you wifi network is still the way he left to work...this is a very good feature in omada instead of continues time the user have the ability to pause his/her current session and if he want to resume then he can do it simple again by logging in...

Hello, 

I think you may refer to the anuthentication time of the portal. Let me tell you the mechanism of the portal.

When we set portal and the authentication time is 1 hour, a client connect to the SSID and 1 hour later, the client cannot access the internet again, no matter if the client is connecting to the SSID all the time during the authentication time. This mechanism applies to many scenarios, like hotel, cafe, etc. If we pause the time when the anthentication client is off-line, this will be not easy to count the time in these scenarios. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:PAUSE TIME FEATURE IN EAP225 OUTDOOR
2019-08-16 01:49:03

Hello TP-Link Forrest yeah i understand that,  but some of my client looking for a pause time which means you cannot use your remaining time when you pause your time because not all of my client is 24/7 online...specially when nightimes we need to sleep so the time continues even they not using it...and not all of my client connected to SSID all the time because they had somthing to attend to so if they authenticated for 24hours and then they have something to do for 10hours they have only 12hours of authentication then nightimes coming you need to sleep how much more authentication time left...so the 24hours authentication is not full 24 hours because of the matter you need to attend and to do...we say you use the authentication for only 3-4 hours in 24 hours...we want something that i know you can do it...add some feature related to that...looking forward to it...

Options
2019-08-16 10:53:16

Hi theGamer,

from a developer's view (I developed our own Captive Portal, that's why I'm always interestetd in possible new features) it is not that easy to implement such a feature if one has already choosen a mechanism. If the session time out is a global mechanism (and that seems the way Omada Controller implements it), it would require a complete re-write of the software to make per-user, per-session time outs.

BUT: you could probably implement per-user session time outs using an external portal. Did you see that Omada Controller allows to use external portals? You could implement almost every scheme in an external portal and control the session time out on a per-user base, which would allow to pause a session and later re-activate it. Just an idea.

Options
2019-08-22 22:09:16

Why are they not be connecxted to a more permanent SSID, one where they do not need to use specific time limits, could you not give them specific logins so they authenticate with their own account and not have a limit? Instead of using vouchers ot the portal at all?

Instead of giving them access for X hours, why not simply leave them connected, what is the reason behind limiting their time if they need to use it all the time, but only when they are not doing other tasks

Options
2019-08-22 23:03:43 - last edited 2019-08-22 23:11:56

Rod-IT wrote

Instead of giving them access for X hours, why not simply leave them connected, what is the reason behind limiting their time if they need to use it all the time, but only when they are not doing other tasks

I think it's about buying an online time contingent rather than limiting the session for an absolute time. From a customers view, if one pays for 24 hours online time, one would not want to have the time limit expire 24 hours after first use, but after 24 hours of total online time has passed excluding session idle times due to absence.

Such a scheme could be implemented using the External Portal function of Omada controller, but it requires to keep track of subscribed online time contingents per user.

Options
2021-10-30 18:23:04
yah it should have a pause time to extend Validity and status page how much time left
Options

Information

Helpful: 12

Views: 6863

Replies: 9