Anyone here have experience with TP-link routers?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-20 05:19:43 - last edited 2021-04-19 12:00:39
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Ok so i was referred to this brand routers because of their firmware. Essentially what im trying to do is create a guest network with limited bandwidth. I was told tp links firmware has an option to do this specifically. Ive tried QoS on my current netgear router but i dont believe it works properly/efficiently. Its also a nuissance trying to track down any new devices that connect to my network by mac address to setup Qos. best real estate developers in mumbai

I have a 30 meg plan through my provider. What i want to do is create and limit a guest network so that no matter how many devices are attached they all share a capped (15meg) network. Has anyone done this through their firmware? 2 bhk flat in undri

Options
1 Reply
Re:Anyone here have experience with TP-link routers?
2019-08-20 06:19:58 - last edited 2021-04-19 12:00:39

johnmendez wrote

Ok so i was referred to this brand routers because of their firmware. Essentially what im trying to do is create a guest network with limited bandwidth. I was told tp links firmware has an option to do this specifically. Ive tried QoS on my current netgear router but i dont believe it works properly/efficiently. Its also a nuissance trying to track down any new devices that connect to my network by mac address to setup Qos.

I have a 30 meg plan through my provider. What i want to do is create and limit a guest network so that no matter how many devices are attached they all share a capped (15meg) network. Has anyone done this through their firmware?

If you mean that all the clients connected to the router belong to guest network, or you know the IP range of guest network. I think TP-Link router can achieve that. You can use its bandwidth control feature. 

Please note that TP-Link router support only one IP pool, so you cannot create two network on the router directly. If you need create two network, maybe you need connect a layer3 devices to the router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 615

Replies: 1

Related Articles