EAP225 Outdoor and my Ring Camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-02 11:43:44
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Current

Recently I've noticed my Ring Outdoor camera's wireless signal has been varying between 'poor wireless connection' and 'Good',,, boith are connected wireless to my outdoor EAP225. The transmit power is on High as other items are connected, and if i lower the power they get a poor connection.  The RSSI on the cam reads between ahigh of 69 and a normal day of 28. I'm not sure what could be causing such a variation in connectivity....

thanks in advance,

Chris K.

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP225 Outdoor and my Ring Camera
2019-09-02 12:09:01

Hi, which version of the ring camera are you using? I have 2 spotlight cam's (battery versions) and one of them is an absolute nightmare. Similar to what you are describing. Wifi signal varies wildly, it is constantly renewing it's IP address. Poor signal strength reported by the ring app even though the camera is about 3ft away from my EAP225 Outdoor. These cameras were the main reason I invested in my EAP system in the first place but I think the issue lies with the cameras themselves. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1098

Replies: 1

Related Articles