secon wlan with portal not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-03 17:32:38

i have one ac1200 outdoor AP which works fine. the protal is working fine on my primary wlan, but when i assign the portal to my secondary wlan the ssid is not broadcasting although it is configured to transmit. i assume it is a simple settings issue, but i do not know where to start troubleshooting. i want my guests to use the portal, that is why i put it on a secondary wlan. thanks for any suggestions.

Options
3 Reply
Re:secon wlan with portal not working
2019-09-04 06:01:05

@trauts14 ,

From your description, it should be EAP225-Outdoor. When you put it in the secondary WLAN, it doesn't broadcast the SSID. Here are some suggestions for you to have a try.
1. Please check the physical connection of the AP. The LED of the AP is green? If not, then we can know that the AP is not working.
2. Please check the DHCP Server. In the DHCP server, can you see the AP? Does the AP get a normal IP address? You can try to ping the IP of the AP in other clients. 
3. Actually, if you want your guests to use the portal, you can directly put the AP in the primary WLAN, then just set another guest SSID for the guests. 
Hope this is useful for you!

Options
Re:Re:secon wlan with portal not working
2019-09-04 10:36:42

How do I establish a 2nd SSID?

Options
Re:Re:Re:secon wlan with portal not working
2019-09-05 00:51:02

@trauts14 

It will be very easy to create another SSID. For the Omada Controller, we can 8 SSIDs in 2.4G and 8 SSIDs in 5G. Please see the attached photo.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 693

Replies: 3

Related Articles