AP's showing as connected but not showing in "Access points" list

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-04 08:59:44
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20190419 Rel.43063

Hi All,

I have a few sites with OC200's and EAP225(EU) V3.0 access points. This morning one site's OC200 is reporting 2 AP.....but they don't populate in the list so I am unable to control them, check firmware upgrades, etc. Everything on site is still working and if I click on "Clients" then I can see the clients and the AP they are connected too. On the top of the page I can see "APs: 2 connected" but if I go to the Access points tab and select any of the sub-options (ALL, Connected, Disconnected, isolated, Pending) they all list "no entries".

The OC200 is showing as full updated. I have restarted it several times to no avail. Can I restart the AP's somehow without seeing them in the OC200 screen? I do not have access to the site so I can't hard reboot anything and the site is critical so I dare not explain to the staff how to hard reboot the comms cabinet. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:AP's showing as connected but not showing in "Access points" list
2019-09-05 00:45:51

@paranoidsystems 

From your description, I think these EAPs are disconnected from the OC200. Actually, when the AP is disconnected from the Controller, they will work in Standalone mode, that's why the clients can still access internet. But you say you can still see the clients in the OC200, which is very strange. Please upload some screenshots about the clients and AP.

If it is convenient for you, I think you can reset the EAP and check the ethernet cable connected to the EAP. Normally after you reset them, they will show up in the OC200 and you can manage them again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1098

Replies: 1