EAP225 Disconnects randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-19 13:44:53 - last edited 2019-09-19 13:54:08
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.4.0 Build 20181121 Rel. 55897

Heyya,

At my office we have to APs. One in the main office space (AP1) and another in a classromm/meeting room (AP2). 

AP2 allways seems to get disconnected. The laptops can still see and sometimes connect to the Wi-Fi but they have no internetconnection? Done the classical pull out powerplug and in again, sometimes work and others not.

We are running a 2.4GHz and a 5GHz. Each AP have a static IP address.

Have tried to forget AP2 and adopt it again. Resetting them both and setting it all up again etc. 

We are running configs throug the Omada Controller installed on a laptop that are not always in the office (but that shouldn't matter, right?).

In the Log it is often show an INFO; System started, with right after a WARNING: LAN IP and mask changed... to the static IP address and subnet that is configured to. And before when we used DHCP it still showed, and we still had the problems.

Not sure if there is something i'm forgetting. But is there some who might have a idea of why? :-)

Options
5 Reply
Re:EAP225 Disconnects randomly
2019-09-20 00:54:25

@Guy-26 

You can upgrade the firmware to the latest version to have a try. 

What's the IP of your EAP and Omada Controller? And do you connect your Controller host via an ethernet cable?

From the information, we can know that the EAP is disconnected from the Omada Controller. You can connect your Controller host to the router/switch via an cable, it will be very stable. 

Options
2019-09-20 06:47:24

@cbq Thanks for the response :-)

Yeah, i'm updating to the latest firmware today. But the thing is that it is a problem we have had for many months. 

And I do connect my Laptop (where the Omada Controller is installed) through Ethernet cable when it is in the office. But is rare it is in the office.

Options
2019-09-20 07:09:08

@Guy-26 

Normally TP-Link will add some new features and fix some bugs in the new firmware. You can check if the problem still exsits after you upgrade the firmware.

You set statistic IP for the EAP, do you set DHCP Reservation for the EAPs on the DHCP server? Please make sure that  the DHCP pool is enough for the client devices.

By the way, do you try to change the ethernet cable? There may be something worng with the cable. 

Options
2019-09-20 07:29:39

@cbq 

Yeah. I have updated the firmware + the controller. I also saw at Mesh was enabled, and read that if Mesh is enabled the controller should keep running? 

The APs are running IPs xxx.xxx.1.5 and 1.6. Then we have a USG with its DHCP server running xxx.xxx.1.10 - 1.254. and thats plenty since its a small company. 

So yeah, now just to see if it keeps working :-) thanks again

Options
2019-09-20 07:34:20

@Guy-26 maybe take your DHCP upper limit down to .250. I think when the EAP reset they try to connect on .254 before changing to either the reserved ip or the static. Maybe there is some conflict. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4242

Replies: 5

Related Articles