Wireless N outdoor access point Question can I connect direct to router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-13 07:48:02 - last edited 2019-10-15 06:42:30
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Can I connect 1 Wireless N Outdoor Access point (EAN110-Outdoor) directly to my router? As instalation video shows 2?

Also is there a single unit setup tutorial?

Im not expert so need plain langague when explaining the next steps

Thanka Paul

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wireless N outdoor access point Question can I connect direct to router-Solution
2019-10-14 14:37:52 - last edited 2019-10-15 06:42:30

@Paulbrom2001 Hi Paul, yes you can use an EAP110-Outdoor as a standalone access point. You will need to run an ethernet cable from your router to the supplied PoE injector, then another ethernet (shielded cat5e or above) from the PoE injector to the EAP install location. Just bear in mind the PoE injector will need to be located indoors and near a power outlet. 

I think the picture you are referring to is just to outline the possibility of wiring more than one EAP to your network. It is certainly not necessary. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless N outdoor access point Question can I connect direct to router-Solution
2019-10-14 14:37:52 - last edited 2019-10-15 06:42:30

@Paulbrom2001 Hi Paul, yes you can use an EAP110-Outdoor as a standalone access point. You will need to run an ethernet cable from your router to the supplied PoE injector, then another ethernet (shielded cat5e or above) from the PoE injector to the EAP install location. Just bear in mind the PoE injector will need to be located indoors and near a power outlet. 

I think the picture you are referring to is just to outline the possibility of wiring more than one EAP to your network. It is certainly not necessary. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 984

Replies: 1