Votes

TL-R600VPN suggestions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

TL-R600VPN suggestions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-R600VPN suggestions
TL-R600VPN suggestions
2019-10-14 12:41:21

Model: TL-R600VPN

Hardware Version: V4

Firmware Version: 4.0.3 Build 20190227 Rel.48206

Sorry, didn't see this "Suggestions" thread so I'll repost this from the router-specific thread.

In testing out some inexpensive VPN routers to connect to a Barracuda NG firewall over IPSEC, I have some suggestions for the TL-R600VPN appliance:

1> Allow for overlap in local and remote IP ranges, such as: Local = 192.168.50.0/24 and remote as 192.168.0.0/16    Many other brands allow this and simply exclude local ranges in the background if there is overlap.  It greatly simplifies VPN setup.

2> In my environment, I have several subnets covered by the 192.168.0.0/16 range.  Because of item #1 not allowing overlap, I had to create individual tunnels for each subnet range like 192.168.10.0/24, 192.168.20.0/24, 192.168.30.0/24 and so on.  With the current interface, you have to set all the parameters exactly the same way for a common local/remote gateway pair or the screen will give an error and not allow a save.  That is EXTREMELY time consuming and error prone to do when you have dozens of subnets to deal with.  Instead, why not either allow a remote IP overlap as mentioned above, or at least allow additional local/remote subnet ranges under the same tunnel definition without having to define with all the extra settings?  Ubiquity is a good example of one that allows additional local/remote IP range pairs to be added to a tunnel definition.

Although I've run into some other minor issues, those would go a LONG way toward making this a more user-friendly product.  Thanks for your consideration.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 629

Replies: 0

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.