Request for an Omada Controller Software for Chromebook

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-21 21:09:39
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: V3

Good Day guys, i know this is much but i would like to try. Goo day tp-link can you make Omada Controller Software compatiple for us which is running Chromebook. As we all know Chromebook nowadays are fast and portable and if it happens that we should operate the voucher system of omada controller with a pc/unit all the time, running it in Chromebook is cost efficient for small businesses like ours. Hoping you can address my concern soon. Thank you

Options
4 Reply
Re:Request for an Omada Controller Software for Chromebook
2019-10-22 00:51:49

@Don_A 

Now we can install Omada Controller on both windows OS and Linux OS whether it is a laptop or PC. So we can install the software on the Chromebook.

As you said, if you install it on a Chromebook, you will be able to operate it all the time. Actually, this is not correct for the Omada Cotroller. Let me explain it to you.

When we install the Omada Controller on a PC or a laptop and use the Controller to manage the EAPs, we should make sure that the Omada Controller is always running, or most of the EAPs will be disconnected from the Controller and many features (like voucher) cannot be used. So we should connect the Controller host and EAPs to a switch or a router via an ethernet cable.

If you want to manage the EAP at any time and any site, you can use the Cloud feature of the Controller. Just install the Controller on a PC and keep the Controller running all the time. Meanwhile, bind your TP-Link ID to the Omada Controller. Then you just access http://omada.tplinkcloud.com and you can login to the Omada Controller. 

Options
2019-10-22 06:13:39
Hi Forest thank you for your informative response. I already tried to install omada controller for linux but upon installation the controller it prompts its not compatible. My chromebook is Asus Chromebook/Chromebox CN60, it runs Chrome OS. Please give me advice.
Options
2019-10-22 09:20:59

Don_A, you could install Ubuntu or Debian Linux running on top of Chrome OS, e.g. using Crouton (see this article). Omada Controller does not run natively under Chrome OS.

But in my opinion it's not worth the efforts. I recommend to use the OC200 Cloud Controller instead and then access the controller through Chrome on your Chromebook.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2019-10-22 12:40:11
Thank you R1D2, i have read about this cloud controller. I think this will be the answer. Thanks a lot
Options